[MOVIE] Fighter Action #2

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

[MOVIE] Fighter Action #2

Post by Sniper62 »

had so many great vids of this map so far this is the first of maybe 3 movies. this is a mix of shoot em up bang bang and dogfights, the next will be just dogfights, then the last will prolly be shoot em up bang bang. but those will come later

640x480
7mins
59mb

High Res version: http://files.filefront.com/WWIIOnline+F ... einfo.html

since youtube is teh suk i suggest you DL it from filefront, but here is the crappy quality for you lazy bastages :)

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGq27non_M

heres the PS thread http://discussions.playnet.com/showthre ... ost4060846

let me know what you think

S!
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Main4ce

Re: [MOVIE] Fighter Action #2

Post by Main4ce »

I was going to watch it on Youtube due to the download speed at filefront, however youtube reports: "This video contains an audio track that has not been authorised by WMG. The audio has been disabled."

So I'll download it!
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

No only great flying but terrific gunnery, Nice Vid m8 …S!

Whats you Conv setting?
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

lol ya youtube is teh gay

thnx! i used 95 for spit1a and 150 for after that
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Miar

Post by Miar »

and what do you do when those bastards are bumping up and down and everything? Like i can shoot guy when he is going relativelly steady, but those bastards are always maneuvering like hell :) and catch him with that plane and shoot at same point for 1-2 seconds is like impossible then....
A man who expects that others will fight for his freedom does not deserve it.
Milan Rastislav Stefanik

One hawk chases away many crows.

Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia, 1968. Foto: Pavol Bielik.
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

I see your army gunnery training is starting to pay off. Nice freakin shooting there sniper.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Miar wrote:and what do you do when those bastards are bumping up and down and everything? Like i can shoot guy when he is going relativelly steady, but those bastards are always maneuvering like hell :) and catch him with that plane and shoot at same point for 1-2 seconds is like impossible then....
in a situtation like that, you just have to be patient. try to wait as long as you can, until you can get that shot that counts. but dont get target fixtrated, ive killed plenty of ea that were fixtrated on the 6 of an friendly. if another ea is diving in on you, break off. some guys you just gota let go...
Sniper62

trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

Great music choice and I loved the editing...I love how you can like see the moment they know they are screwed and they just accept the ass rape lol.
<S>!

Firefighter/Military Police
Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
Miar

Post by Miar »

Sniper62 wrote:
Miar wrote:and what do you do when those bastards are bumping up and down and everything? Like i can shoot guy when he is going relativelly steady, but those bastards are always maneuvering like hell :) and catch him with that plane and shoot at same point for 1-2 seconds is like impossible then....
in a situtation like that, you just have to be patient. try to wait as long as you can, until you can get that shot that counts. but dont get target fixtrated, ive killed plenty of ea that were fixtrated on the 6 of an friendly. if another ea is diving in on you, break off. some guys you just gota let go...
yeah i know... :( it was in all the stuff i read about flying... it is just that i cant do that, it is my biggest mistake... but when i am up there i turn into hunter. I am patient before flight, i can take advantage and everything, but at the moment i see con... thats it, I am hunting him... cant help him... I even know the moment when i missed good points and fight is becoming disengage for me... but i am telling myself "one more shot, one more try, one more pass" and then I go for him, but cant disengage, i allways return at him. And then i see second bandit high and I say to myself "omg, i am screwed, 2:1 and this new has all advantages, i have to kill this one finally while i am on his 6 to make numbers more favourable" and I still follow him, shoot at him, watch the second guy, and then when upper guy is closing i breakturn finnaly and that is it, the first guy turns at my six and second BnZ me.... that is moment when i start to disengage :P
it is my standard scenary :) I simply cant help myself, i am in that machine to kill...
oh, and more time the fight takes, the more i feel that need to kill him :) it is like drug or what...
but i am working on it, i learned myself not to follow them too much east, in the past I would fly level behind enemy right to his AF... :) i guess it is matter of will, ill have to work on my "disengage skills".

only luck is that i can control myself when not flying alone, so in our flights i can completelly control myself......
Milan Rastislav Stefanik

trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

Miar wrote:
Sniper62 wrote:
yeah i know... :( it was in all the stuff i read about flying... it is just that i cant do that, it is my biggest mistake... but when i am up there i turn into hunter. I am patient before flight, i can take advantage and everything, but at the moment i see con... thats it, I am hunting him... cant help him... I even know the moment when i missed good points and fight is becoming disengage for me... but i am telling myself "one more shot, one more try, one more pass" and then I go for him, but cant disengage, i allways return at him. And then i see second bandit high and I say to myself "omg, i am screwed, 2:1 and this new has all advantages, i have to kill this one finally while i am on his 6 to make numbers more favourable" and I still follow him, shoot at him, watch the second guy, and then when upper guy is closing i breakturn finnaly and that is it, the first guy turns at my six and second BnZ me.... that is moment when i start to disengage :P
it is my standard scenary :) I simply cant help myself, i am in that machine to kill...
oh, and more time the fight takes, the more i feel that need to kill him :) it is like drug or what...
but i am working on it, i learned myself not to follow them too much east, in the past I would fly level behind enemy right to his AF... :) i guess it is matter of will, ill have to work on my "disengage skills".

only luck is that i can control myself when not flying alone, so in our flights i can completelly control myself......
If you have "pacients" down...now is time to learn "discipline".

btw ....if you are flying with mouse and keyboard...plz ....plz for the love of god...break down and buy a joystick...I suggest the x52 Saitek Series.
<S>!

Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
Miar

Post by Miar »

btw ....if you are flying with mouse and keyboard...plz ....plz for the love of god...break down and buy a joystick...I suggest the x52 Saitek Series.
hh NO, i will not buy joystick, i dont like it. I simply love mouse.
I am actually thinking about buying gaming mouse, friend has one for 100 euros (its like 150dollars) and is really cool, more buttons, more wheels... I am thinking about buying the same type or similar...
But no joystick for me, It is actually weird for me to fly with stick.

with mouse and keyboard I can do ANYTHING you can do with your stick + it is more confortable. Hand is lying all the time. Even when i am using elevators for something i dont have to hold it like I should have hold stick. I can do flat turn and type in radio with both hands in the same time for example :)) but more comfort with mouse is main thing why I will not buy stick.

the difference is in time you need to set it up. You just give it up quickly on mouse, because from the begining it was really hard, so you bought stick, calibrate and fly nicely in short while... then after while bought more expensive stick and fly even better... and have a feeling it is impossible to fly with mouse because you only tried on begining and it didnt work for you :)

i think mouse is harder to optimize for yourself, but when you have patience to do so then mouse is better then stick ;)
Milan Rastislav Stefanik

trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

Miar wrote:

hh NO, i will not buy joystick, i dont like it. I simply love mouse.
I am actually thinking about buying gaming mouse, friend has one for 100 euros (its like 150dollars) and is really cool, more buttons, more wheels... I am thinking about buying the same type or similar...
But no joystick for me, It is actually weird for me to fly with stick.

with mouse and keyboard I can do ANYTHING you can do with your stick + it is more confortable. Hand is lying all the time. Even when i am using elevators for something i dont have to hold it like I should have hold stick. I can do flat turn and type in radio with both hands in the same time for example :)) but more comfort with mouse is main thing why I will not buy stick.

the difference is in time you need to set it up. You just give it up quickly on mouse, because from the begining it was really hard, so you bought stick, calibrate and fly nicely in short while... then after while bought more expensive stick and fly even better... and have a feeling it is impossible to fly with mouse because you only tried on begining and it didnt work for you :)

i think mouse is harder to optimize for yourself, but when you have patience to do so then mouse is better then stick ;)
If you can fly with a mouse and keyboard...and get a better K/D ratio, or even a positive K/D ratio...that is friggin amazing.... :iconworship: you are one of few in the game, and the only one i personally know. What ever works for you, what ever is comfortable, and what ever you can clear my 6 with i dont care lol, and if you kill tempest, vonwiggl, or beri...with mouse and keyboard PLZ! PLZ! let me know so I can call their mothers failures and their fathers pussys lol.
<S>!

Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
Miar

Post by Miar »

well, i am Ace now :) shot down 5 planes without being shot down. Finally... I was close more times but made it just now...

Feb 13 11:47 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 1 0 20
Feb 13 11:12 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 0 0 12
Feb 13 10:55 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 1 0 17
Feb 13 10:54 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 0 0 0
Feb 13 10:30 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 3 0 23

I guess it is proof you can fly with mouse pretty normally... :)
btw. one player on 55 chanell once told me, that he will pay pal me 15 bugs if I will become ace with mouse :) what a pitty i didnt write his name down...
Milan Rastislav Stefanik

trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

Miar wrote:well, i am Ace now :) shot down 5 planes without being shot down. Finally... I was close more times but made it just now...

Feb 13 11:47 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 1 0 20
Feb 13 11:12 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 0 0 12
Feb 13 10:55 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 1 0 17
Feb 13 10:54 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 0 0 0
Feb 13 10:30 Vitry-En-Artois Spit Vb - - RTB 3 0 23

I guess it is proof you can fly with mouse pretty normally... :)
btw. one player on 55 chanell once told me, that he will pay pal me 15 bugs if I will become ace with mouse :) what a pitty i didnt write his name down...
Not quite ace yet. For ace you must get 5 A2A kills in 1 sortie and RTB.

Still kickin but with that mouse lol...keep it up.
<S>!

Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
Miar

Post by Miar »

well, in other sims this is enough, but since you can "reload" in wwiiol (very historical btw)by simply landing and waiting a while, i understand that it should be used here in "one sortie". But actually, I dont see practical difference, since I landed in one AF and took off from that AF, the effect is the same... :)
when I will be higher level i shoulod have fun by trying to make as much kills as possible in one sortie... :)
Milan Rastislav Stefanik