Spitfire accident in Galvaston, no injuries

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Frantish

Spitfire accident in Galvaston, no injuries

Post by Frantish »

Fortunately it is just an expensive accident.

http://forums.wwiionline.com/showthread.php?p=3404364

Photo I took week before, more in the link above
Bose 26, er, DAMBUSTERS: De-constructing, one bomb at a time.
Codguy

Post by Codguy »

Great photos Frantish. I'm envious that you get a chance to see these great old planes up close that frequently.

One of my favorite things back when I worked at North Island was hosting all the old warbirds that flew in for Fleet Week in San Diego. They'd all be scheduled to arrive generally on the same afternoon, so we'd all sit up in the ready room (our Hangar was adjacent to the taxiway), open up the windows and watch/listen to em rumble past.

Ever get the opportunity to ride in any of them? That is definitely on my list of things to do before I die.

Got to fly formation with a B25 for a couple of hours once, but that's as close as I've come (so far) :cry:
Codguy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"
"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

ya what codguy said lol

theres a museum close by where i lived in FL call "Fantasy of Flight" i think. and they had some really cool stuff there that you could get pretty close to but nothing like what you got there

good to hear that no1 got hurt and that the planes were not totaled
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Frantish

Post by Frantish »

Codguy wrote:Great photos Frantish. I'm envious that you get a chance to see these great old planes up close that frequently.

Ever get the opportunity to ride in any of them? That is definitely on my list of things to do before I die.

Got to fly formation with a B25 for a couple of hours once, but that's as close as I've come (so far) :cry:
What you waiting for??

I actually piloted a B-24 for a little bit. :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zSIciknjVFM

You don't need a lot of money IF you get involved with WB groups. They always need a grease monkey. :)
Bose 26, er, DAMBUSTERS: De-constructing, one bomb at a time.