Joystick's

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Pegasusbelgar

Joystick's

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

A subject that came up briefly in lastnights mission to Dusseldorf, but wanted to cover it in abit more detail.
Currently I am using a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 which has served me very well for a number of years.
What I have noticed is the deadband is not playing nicely with me when flying and keeping it steady and in formation has proved to be quite interesting.
So I wondered with you other propeller heads out there, what kind of Joystick or Joystick kits are you using, are you using a stick and rudder pedals or a standalone twister?
I have been on the saitek website and their Cyborg Evo range looks interesting.
Let me know your thoughts.

<S>
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

I've got a x52 and a x52 pro with 2 sets of ch rudder pedals. The pro is definitely nicer but almost twice as much. The regular x52 biggest complaint from users is the stick is loose feeling, but there are mods out there to shim it up.
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

Going by earlier saitek models, I can safely say that the x52 pro is your best buy for your money!

Ch products make some best of the best stuff out there for sure...

I think the most of us are on Saitek. x45, x52 or the x52pro...and most of us like the rudder pedals, there not a must, just one of those things that are nice to have make life easier and also something you'd miss if you no longer had!

At the end of the day there are a few good JS's out there and its hard to tell another whats the right setup for them, but with saitek, you get what you pay for and thats always good!

...others will no doute say otherwiseGoing by earlier saitek models, I can safely say that the x52 pro is your best buy for your money!

Ch products make some best of the best stuff out there for sure...

I think the most of us are on Saitek. x45, x52 or the x52pro...and most of us like the rudder pedals, there not a must, just one of those things that are nice to have make life easier and also something you'd miss if you no longer had!

At the end of the day there are a few good JS's out there and its hard to tell another whats the right setup for them, but with saitek, you get what you pay for and thats always good!

...others will no doubt say otherwise

I've also read from many forums that alot of people like the x45 throttle along with the CH fighter stick!

mine 2 pennys!

8)
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
thor

Post by thor »

Hi belgar, it was nice having you with us yesterday...

I use the saitek x52pro. Would like to have pedals as well, but they are not on my short list of "must haves"...
- trim wheels
- throttle
- 3 modes
- profil editor
- programable buttons

PC Pilot 5/5
Saitek’s goal with the X52 Pro was simple, to make flight simulation as realistic as possible. The dual spring mechanism is effective giving you a more realistic feedback compared to the old X52. The new MFD display is the first of its kind and may well represent a new trend in joystick design. I look forward to seeing what advances will be made in that area. While there is learning curve using the new MFD, once you have become familiar with it you will wonder how you managed without it.

Incidentally, we also tested the X52 Pro with the Saitek’s new Pro Flight rudder pedals and the two units worked together flawlessly. The X52 Pro is one of the hottest peripherals on the market and is outstanding both in terms of performance and functionality.
Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I was a bit unclear... I mean I don't give a sh..t what I'm bombing - as long as I fly with my friends.
I'm a happy bomber
Gulden Kunstverk.com | Gulden Kunstverk.no | Nettgalleri
allibone

Post by allibone »

Logitech freedom 2.4

it's a piece of crap longevity wise but comfy as hell and i can't use anything else.
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

allibone wrote:Logitech freedom 2.4

it's a piece of crap longevity wise but comfy as hell and i can't use anything else.

There speaks the best fighter pilot I know!

8)

but its different in a bomber as U know...so really it up to U m8!
Last edited by Main4ce on Wed May 30, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main4ce
XO

Another Happy Bomber!
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

allibone wrote:Logitech freedom 2.4

What he really means here, is I throw the damn thing at Brick Walls Quite frequently, I can't buy expensive stuff. LOL
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Saitek Cyborg Evo here. Twist Rudder. Very inexpensive stick. It has macro's like the big boys.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Duke2

Post by Duke2 »

Everything CH, all the way. Stick Rudder and Throttel. The Best of the Best. You pay for it though. :)
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"

The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Where's my Big Bomber.
mevan

Post by mevan »

RAF CO Retired.
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

mevan wrote:Image

Where did you get that! ...I want one :mrgreen:
Main4ce
XO

Another Happy Bomber!
Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

Nice to have you aboard belgar!

I run a MS Force Feedback 2 Sidewinder w/CH Pro pedals.

Looked at the Cougar and the X-52 and I just like this ancient stick better than anything new..

I fear the day it breaks!

Force Feedback FTW! 8)

As for Mevans tiny joystick...... :shock: :wink:
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

i miss my ole X52 and my old chair

idk about this "new" x52 pro that reddog spoke of but the old X52 i thought was awsome. so many buttons to keymap and macros you can do. you can set it up to where the only time u need to touch the keyboard is to type... or you could even set a macro to say ur fav sayings, like "Snipet you let go of you talk button again, what did you say?" lol
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV