Update: Trevor8 in AIT

Public Forum open to all visitors.
trevor8

Update: Trevor8 in AIT

Post by trevor8 »

well i graduated from BCT and now im in AIT...7 weeks to go...i went from 220lb to 189 right now and im in B. Co. 787th MP BN. Ima buy a laptop when i get home on July 12th...need some suggestions and advice...never had one or bought 1. Im dieing.....absolutely DIEing to get in game....what have i been missing??? whats new since Feb 22nd? ohh btw FLW is cold as fuck in feb and the weather is crazy....30 degree drops and shit in just a hour....maddness i tell you.
<S>!

Firefighter/Military Police
Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
thor

Post by thor »

hi trevor

i have no idea where FLW is, but it dosen't sound to nice
Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I was a bit unclear... I mean I don't give a sh..t what I'm bombing - as long as I fly with my friends.
I'm a happy bomber
Gulden Kunstverk.com | Gulden Kunstverk.no | Nettgalleri
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

Hey Trevor m8! good to hear from you and glad its going well!

sure some of the guys can give you some good hits on laptops...I think Codguy plays alot on his Laptop.....

See ya in game bud S!

:partyman:
Last edited by Main4ce on Mon May 21, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Codguy

Post by Codguy »

Good to hear from you Trevor. Scott is right, I bought a new laptop last fall so I could play while I was on the road (amongst other things).

Not sure how portable you want yours to be, or how much $$ you are able to spend, but I specifically wanted a near-desktop replacement type system with a full keyboard. Which meant getting a 17" screen vice a 15.4".

I looked seriously at both of these systems before buying:

Gateway NX860XL
HP DV9000T

Ended up getting the Gateway (because my previous laptop was a GW and I got a better deal on the trade-in). Runs the game beautifully and since 1.27 I get better framerates on the laptop than I do on my desktop (the Dual 2.5 Gig Mac).

HP, however, has a pretty decent military discount if you register under their employee purchase program as a DoD employee, so if you combine that with one of their periodic sales or free shipping offers you might save some going with HP.

I looked at some of the "high end" gamer's machines like Alienware or Sager as well and at 2X the price of either the HP or the Gateway, didn't want to committ to that kind of $$.

Anyway long story short, for about $1,500 my Gateway runs the game like a champ flying, or on the ground...no complaints at all.

The 17" screen is a bit big, but the thing is still lighter than my previous 15" laptop and I can still fit it in a soft-side carryon when I travel. PM me if you want any further details.
Codguy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"
"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Congrats Treavor.

Dell Inspiron 6400
2 Gigs of 667MHz Ram
ATI X1400 256 Megs RAM
100 Gigabyte 7200 RPM SATA

Ran me about 1800.00

I run the game at 1400 x 900 I think it is, with all eyecandy. At least 30 FPS at all times. Flying, about 70 FPS.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

S! trevor

when i got here to korea i inprocessed with a bunch of MPs, i was a room mate with one for a week. ur ait is short only 9 weeks right? ur lucky, from what i hear u gota pack ur head ful of a ton of stuff by the time u leave there. any idea of where your first duty station will be?

i know the feeling, not being able to play the game. it sux uber hard, in acouple months ill done did 1 friken year without playing more then 1 hour of the game like 3 times.
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

done...just got home today. Im LA National Guard...no duty station...19 weeks since iv sat at this computer. Well I will post pics soon . thanks for the info guys.
<S>!

Firefighter/Military Police
Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Welcome home trevor. Glad to hear you got through it all OK. mortars are in game now. New infantry weapon, plus 3 new fighters. Varient of the Hurricane with 12 x 303's, varient of the 109 with a 30mm, and forgot which french plane varient.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

h81+6 .50 cals=h87 :shock: thats guna be sweet

S! trevor u made it all through gj
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
barely8
Site Admin

Post by barely8 »

Trevor! Glad you're on your way with your training. 9-weeks is a short AIT...lucky you. Hope to see you in game sometime soon (TM)! S!
Retired Allied Forces Commander in Chief