Fuelpump: this is my bike...

Public Forum open to all visitors.
thor

Fuelpump: this is my bike...

Post by thor »

Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I was a bit unclear... I mean I don't give a sh..t what I'm bombing - as long as I fly with my friends.
I'm a happy bomber
Gulden Kunstverk.com | Gulden Kunstverk.no | Nettgalleri
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

Thanks for the re-post'n her Thor, nice looking bike 8)
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Nice bike Thor! You keep it in beautiful condition!
That's pretty much the model I was thinking of when you told me about it.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

This was my last bike (not this exact bike, but the same type - Honda VF-750), before some bozo changed lanes into me, and then kept driving off. I dropped the bike, and it ended up under a car, with me sliding down the road on my arse behind it.
Took it on some great rides before then though, once did 1800 km in 22 hours, including a 5 hour stop for a rest (got woken up by the bugs in my face before dawn, and started riding again). Good memories!

Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Oh shit, a "crotch rocket".
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
thor

Post by thor »

Nice!
I will get a touring bike, but not jet... (Damn kids taking all my money - we need a bigger car, and in Norway, 7-8 seats cost unbelievable amount of money...)

I would like to ride across Europe, starting in Norway, trough Germany and end up in Italy.

Another dream is to visit my brother in San Francisco, rent a bike and drive to Grand Canyon – Las Vegas – get on route 66 down to Los Angeles (I got family living in Beverly Hills) – Then drive along the coast back up to San Francisco. I love John Steinbeck so Monterey and Salinas is necessary…
Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I was a bit unclear... I mean I don't give a sh..t what I'm bombing - as long as I fly with my friends.
I'm a happy bomber
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

I had a plan when I was 20 to get a bike in the US and ride it down through central America towards Brazil. The road ends somewhere around Panama, so it would have been an interesting trip.
Ideally, I wanted an R or K series BMW. I had a shaft drive Yamaha lined up in Florida, but in the end, my money wasn't going to cover the trip, so I had to let it go.

My other plan is to get an old Royal Enfield in India (where they still make them off the 1960's tools and dies) and ride it through to Europe.

Kizmet wrote:Oh shit, a "crotch rocket".

Not really. It was a great combination of sports/touring, but it was a compromise. Went quick enough, but it wasn't a racer (it did do well in the 24hr races it entered though).
It travelled well over long distances, but it wasn't a tourer.
Still, I was telling the guys about a 2000 km trip I went on, passing a cop car at 180 km/h (no speed limits where I grew up, now they've put in a 120 km/h limit). It went pretty well.

These days, you get 2 stroke 250s that would leave my old bike behind in the first 5m. But they don't look so hot when they get wrapped around a tree at 250 km/h.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Hope one doesnt mind me chiming in on this thread, another biker here currently bikeless.
Had this bike up and until 6 years ago. wish i never sold it, was alot of fun.

Kawasaki ZX7R, mine was in the same colours aswell.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
thor

Post by thor »

Nice bike... Not sure I wouldn't kill myself on that one....
Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I'm a happy bomber
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Now THAT'S a crotch rocket! Would've gone like the clappers, sweet bike!
What size engine was it? 2 Stroke or 4 Stroke?

I would have almost definately wrapped something like that around a tree when I was younger... Nowadays the trees yell at me for going too slow Just kidding, but now I drive a nice safe (although it's got a slightly racey Turbo in it) SAAB instead of something that goes 0-100 before you've even hit the starter button.

Never mind, I make up for my lack of street racing cred by flying whenever I get the chance. At this point though, I'm lucky to get much more than 105 knots cruising IAS out of a Piper Warrior. Quicker than my SAAB though.

Here she is: VH-PMW the aircraft I usually fly. Oldest Warrior in Australia, a real vintage aircraft. Could use 6-8 .50 cals on her though. I'd be happy with .303s too.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

She was a sweet bike. 750cc (748), 4 cyclinder. She was dynojetted on the rolling road and an illegal race can fitted. At the time then I was working for Aston Martin where their DB7's (no not the bombers we fly) had Micron exhausts, so i was able to get a race can cheap.

She was a very heavy bike for what she was but that also made her very stable aswell weighing about 220Kgs, whereas the Honda Fireblade 900RR was around 189-190Kgs.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"