marine recruiter tommorow....

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

marine recruiter tommorow....

Post by Sniper62 »

its at noon, need some questions to ask him

seance many of you guys were in the military thought u guys would know what i should ask

:D

remember im going in to be a sniper so...ya know
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Bundyrum

Re: marine recruiter tommorow....

Post by Bundyrum »

Does it hurt when the sailors fuck you? And when does the pain stop?
thor

Post by thor »

Bundyrum wrote:Does it hurt when the sailors fuck you? And when does the pain stop?

HAHAHA priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why don't you just tell him the answers?
Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I was a bit unclear... I mean I don't give a sh..t what I'm bombing - as long as I fly with my friends.
I'm a happy bomber
Gulden Kunstverk.com | Gulden Kunstverk.no | Nettgalleri
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

LMAO! u sick SOB!

LOL dev, buck should know the answer too :lol:
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Recruiters are not known for their honesty. Their job is to get you to sign the papers by any means necessary so keep that in mind.

All you need to know is what MOS you need to pick to get on the fast track to sniper school.

Be sure to inquire about bonuses. Just about every recruit is eligible for them nowadays, especially if you join up as an infantryman (which I imagine you will be if being a sniper is a goal.)

If the recruiter says you are not eligible for one, I'd just nod my head a few times and tell him that you will get back with him soon. Then go to the next closest recruiter and repeat the process.

When I joined up, I was elibible for a $10,000 cash bonus. That should put things in perspective for you.

Good luck ya jarhead wannabe! :D

And stay safe in Iraq.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

thx charlie will do
Sniper62

Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

$ 16,000.00 Enlistment bonus for me in October of 1975. Another $10,000.00 upon reenlisting after my first hitch.

Patience Sniper and don't forget what charlie3 told you about recruiters. They are paid to get you in by whatever means necessary. I can tell you that out of 50 dudes in my basic training flight, 50 dudes had stories of how the recruiter lied to them.

And that's the rest of the story....................
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

Oh and 1 more thing bud if you are going for something more than basic inf. , ask him what mos you will get if you happen to fail the training for what you are going for. They never tell you that if you fail the mos your going for tney stick you where tey want you.
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

The answer to Ben's question and the reason he points this out is,

If you fail training, you'll wind up being an MP.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

well shit it sure wasnt 1 hour of talking.....got outa there at 3pm went in at noon

one of the first things i came out with was, "well if u want me to be honest with you i want you to be honest with me, you and i know that recruiters arent known for telling the truth 24/7."

his reply "well in this office im going to tell you the truth about everything, because out here when u get through boot camp ect and you dont get what we told you, you will come home and talk to your friends and tell them that 'Sgt. fucking lied and fucked my ass over' and then my rep would be down the drain and no body would come talk to me anymore..."

i didnt say anything after that. but i thought by the time i come back and talk to my friends that he would be long gone by then lol so why would it mater.

then we got to talking about the 11 traits the marines have and what they can help me improves and all that ghey shit....blah blah blah that took up and hour and we only got through like 3 lol we got to the technical skills card, then the Gunny came and we talked about 1.5 hour. talked about becoming a sniper and he was telling some stories about one of his sniper budies. talking about the differeance about a "sniper" and a "marksman". talking about its not hard to shoot but the hard part is how to get into pos to take that shot, and that is what the differance is, sniper sneaks around and marksman just shoots. marksman is imbeded with a platoon and uses a M14 (i like) and get posted in a pos and just shoot...about 30days of training. sniper does 9weeks and is dependent upon himself and his spotter (i like even more) got some stories from him that are pretty koo

blah blah blah then it gets to the point where he asked me "do you want to be a marine? is that what you want to do?" ya "ok well lets do this lets get you signed up, lets talk to ur parents and get ur physical done and get you signed up and shiped out" .......wtf lol then alittle later when i was asking him the time lines and ship out dates he was saying "oh well you said you wana be a marine right? well stop contridicting yourself and make up your mind if thats what you wana do or not..." WTF!!! so that right there put the pressure on (this isnt the recruiter its the gunny, the boss) later on was talking to the recruiter and he askes "ok so when you guna talk to you mom, when are we guna set up a time so i can come out and tlak to your mom?.....oh tommorow you got rifle team...hmmm ok call me after that and talk to ur mom tonight then we'll set up a time for maybe the end of this week and ill come out and talk to your mom...." oh fuck na.

they are trying to get me in the "delayed entry program" every monday and every other saturday they have physical training night, to get rdy to go to boot camp. which would be if i signed up atm leaving in August... and thats somthing i did not want to sign up for or get into till later

so more of that crap comes on untill it makes me mad, and i think back to what my dad, reddog, charlie, and other ppl said. "dont let them push you around, it your desision and your life dont let them make it for you" LOL so i told the little beotch off "hey i didnt come in here wanted or expecting to sign up for anything right now. let me decide when i want to start doing this not you. so stop telling me 'ya we'll set this, this and this up and do this this and this' and let me decide when i want to do them. im still 17 and im still a kid and i still got to finish school." and more. so that kinda pissed me off and i didnt hear anymore shite like that from there on

then i was about to leave and asked them about a signing bonus.....get ready!.....you ready? THEY DONT GIVE OUT BONUSES UNTILL YOU REINLIST!!! wtf is this BS! they said they feel as if they have to pay you to join them, then they arent what you are looking for (they called it 'prostitution' lol).....i went on asking about rank and paycharts. they stoped me and said "if your joining the marines for money, you are joining for the wrong thing." my reply "ya but money is life, without money you cant live" then they went on talking about the reinlist bonus. after you have done your four years and proven you can do the job they would pay up to 33,000$ for inf to come back....they said "why should we pay you to do somthing when we have to teach you how to do it? instead when we know you can do it and want you to come back"

i still have questions so guna go back later (who knows when) gota talk about the jobs i can do to get to sniper school and what jobs i can do for back ups ect. told them before i sign any fucking paper to enlist i wana know what im guna be doing! :P

they said there would be a 50/50 that im either going to iraq or afganistan, and would be on duty from 6-8months

got any questions? need more

thx guys, you guys have been a huge help :D

f18ace you around?

P.S. ben, they said once you get into sniper school, unless you quit they will let you come back and keep on trying. they said the marines are the best and will never tell you "no" but they will say "not right now" and if you really want it you will keep on coming back and trying to do it.

thats for sniper school, you cant join up being a sniper...
Sniper62

Bundyrum

Post by Bundyrum »

Sgt. fucking lied and fucked my ass over'

I Told ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch them sick fucks!!
mevan

Post by mevan »

Good to hear ya stood up for yourself Sniper. This heavy recruiting thing is none existant up here in Canukastan. Just had a buddy join to become a Medic within the Canadain Miltary. He did get 10,000 to sign up and and additinal 5000.00 if he completes his Primary Care Paramedic then the different stages of the military version of our jobs.

You nailed it on the head when you brought up the pay thing. 5 years down the road when yr married and the second kid is on the way the $$$ will be a big factor whether your a Marine or not.

Sounds like you have some dam good people hear sniper given you alot of advise from the old "Been there Done That" stand point.
RAF CO Retired.
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Ahhhhh....this brings loads of memories flooding back in. It's good to see the Recruiter BS line hasn't changed in what, 30 years now......roflmao. I guess if it works you keep using it.

I still say, don't believe a word they say. They may be smoother in today's military, but they're still recruiters and they still work on quota's.

Go get em sniper.

By the way, all brances of the military have special forces now. Check on them all before you make your decision. I still say you should join the USAF and fly one of them damn RPV's with a maveric hanging under it. Can you imagine rolling out on Zacast with a freakin maveric under your belly......woot!
Kizmet
Executive Officer
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Duke2

Post by Duke2 »

Sniper --- It takes a lot of Patience to be a Sniper. :) You might get Bored and go looking for trouble, which you would find. :) ( Snipers ) do a lot of waiting for the right Shot. Fear might hold you still for a while, but. --- Have you ever done much wild life Huinting. You know Dear, Bear, Moose. It takes slow stalking, and patience to hunt Dear , ETC. Have you seen the Movies, -- Sniper1, Sniper2,and I believe Sniper3. Go see the Movie Enemy at the Gate. One of my Favorites, is Enemy at the Gate. You will see it takes a lot of slow Patience. Most Snipers wait in Ambush. One Shot, One Kill. My Advice, get in the Naval Air. Serve your time and get out. You will be around Airplanes. ----- While you are in the service save your money and get your Private Pilot Licenes, then go further if you like. It seems your Pick in WWIIOnline is Airplanes. Or do what most of us have done, get Drunk get in fights, and have a Hangover the next day. :) he he ---- Live fast, Die Young, and leave a beautiful memory. :) Well i don't know about the beautiful Memory. :) The Marines are a Part of the Navy. OH OH, did I open up a Can of Worms. he he ---

In the Navy, on a Ship you have three descent meals a Day. Sleep between Sheets, in your own Rack. ----- Or Rough it in the Marines, or
Army, and try to prove you are tough. ---Aircrafts Carriers are a Floating city. All Branches of the service's have their good and Bad points. If you want to make a Career out of the Service, rember you are young now. What do you want after. More input, more input, more input, or more ( Education. ) In teh Navy, In teh Navy. :)

Best of Luck Mate. :)

Have a Happy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"

The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Where's my Big Bomber.
Aeo

Post by Aeo »

Sniper

www.norwich.edu

come to my school and try the military life before you buy.
Army, Navy, Marine Corp, Air Force, Coast Guard all right here and you have 2 years to try out the life of the services before you make a choice to stick to one service or another then 2 more years to decide if you are sure before you comission. No obligation at the end. (Unless you take a scholorship) and if you take a scholorship you are an officer.

it is a bit more complicated than that but I love it here.. and if you hurry up I could even be your platoon sergeant =)
Aeo
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"