Is it worth coming back?

Public Forum open to all visitors.
chronicg

Is it worth coming back?

Post by chronicg »

Honestly, I havent played in a few years now, lol but thinking about coming back. Is the population still falling like a brick from a 10 story building? Not into flying for a whole evening and seeing half a dozen EA tops lol.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: Is it worth coming back?

Post by Sniper62 »

They have me leading both the Development and Community Development teams so I don't get into the game too much but we've got a few new vehicles and a few more getting added soon. Lots of changes planned this year, so it will be a busy one but hopefully a lot of great changes for the game. We even have plans for Strategic Bombing updates ;)

I'd say hop back in for a month and feel it out.
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Sniper62 wrote:We even have plans for Strategic Bombing updates ;)
From a squeaker joining 617 all those years ago to leading the development team, dayum Sniper, you come along way. Now don't you go sound like one of those devs from old past and dance around the fluffy edges, give it me straight, are we getting new bombers this year? :iconworship:
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

It's being worked on lol...so hopefully.

I just heard last night that there's been a bunch of RDP bombing at the beginning of the campaigns lately.
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
chronicg

Post by chronicg »

I’d have pick up a new stick and pedals, maybe wait for a bit longer and see how it goes. It’s still snowboarding season for another 2 months so I’ll be at whistler on my days off till the end of the season lol
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Today just began a free month for welcoming back soldiers https://www.wwiionline.com/promos-trial ... -activated
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Sniper62 wrote:It's being worked on lol...so hopefully.

I just heard last night that there's been a bunch of RDP bombing at the beginning of the campaigns lately.
I am still hoping for someone to do the cockpit for the DCS B17 as the model is already done for the WW2 Asset pack, but there is still hope there too.

What bombers are you planning, or what RDP restructuring is being worked on under the hood?
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

The standard medium bombers that they have talked about before, the Ju88, LeO541, and Wellington. I can't really go into the ideas that we have for RDP yet but hopefully as 1.36 gets closer to being completed I can get them slipped in.
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Thanks Sniper, thats certainly some "A New Hope" we been waiting for. :)

Are airfields going to get another look at? especially the larger bomber fields as those trees at certain ends need to be remove to make a more realistic take off, and or make the runways bit longer?

And is clones bombers frowned upon? I can never get a definate answer on this one, only when Doc said he will look into it (probably just to shut me up), i hope you can see where i am coming from, with Aces high using the concept for over 10 years and the same for Warbirds, making large formations when you dont have many players on or for squad nights with 4 or 6 people, that would be 12 or 18 bombers, an amazing sight to see for friendly and enemies making it much more immersive for the flightsim part of the game.

An example what it would look like i whipped up in a few minutes using a basic black sillohuette of a b17. Each bomber behind the pilot is a clone.

I know in Aces High and Warbirds there are .commands where you can set formation commands like .echelon then xxx (100/200/300) = the distance in yds on how are you want the clones to follow you, whether you want them to be nice and close or nice and loose.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

I asked about the runways and it seems not too difficult to cut down some trees around the AFs. We also looked into integrating the Area51 AF into the normal map and it turns out that runway isn't much longer than the current runways, like with in 20m or so. So what we discussed was making the runway strips more pronounced on the current AFs so that people know to go to this corner to take off, not directly from the hangar. This prolly won't happen until after our first terrain release.

I doubt the bomber clones will be a thing, it didn't make this years roadmap anyway. I don't think the current team is much into bringing more AI into the game. The ground guys complain enough about getting airquaked and not having enough AAA options so I doubt it would go over very well with the current unit set. There are plans for more AAA and bombing improvements so we shall see how they feel about it down the road a bit.

I will say, the HE is believed to make bombing way more effective against soft targets...so level bombing downs will actually do something after that release.
Sniper62

chronicg

Post by chronicg »

So apparently the ex wife still had my pedals and my x52 pro sitting in a box in the garage. Picked them up when I was back in Alberta last week. Stick has seen better days but it still works lol pedals are like new. Maybe its time to resub for a month and see how it goes :P
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

It's the 17 year anniversary tonight...there's a big event going on atm.
Sniper62

Forrest

Post by Forrest »

HE 'audit' nerfed DB7 bomb damage on factories. Takes even MORE bombs to destroy them now. Factories still repair too fast.

Not impressed.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Forrest wrote:HE 'audit' nerfed DB7 bomb damage on factories. Takes even MORE bombs to destroy them now. Factories still repair too fast.

Not impressed.
News to me and confirmed. It will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix release.
Sniper62

Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Sniper62 wrote:
Forrest wrote:HE 'audit' nerfed DB7 bomb damage on factories. Takes even MORE bombs to destroy them now. Factories still repair too fast.

Not impressed.
News to me and confirmed. It will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix release.
Thanks, man. Blen and Havoc dmg are also less. Not sure if that was intended.

To be 'fair', 111 dmg is less now as well.