Friday Updates

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Friday Updates

Post by Sniper62 »

Not sure if yall are tracking all of the changes within CRS but one of the positives ones is a weekly friday update that they have been producing. Lots of good info and it actually gives you the feel of more insight on whats going on in the background...

Heres the latest:
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index ... nt-roadmap

The rest are here:
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
ODonovan
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Friday Updates

Post by ODonovan »

That is SWEET! The July 31st update, with the roadmap, is amazing. They've even promised some aircraft love, starting with repurposing some existing airframes with alternate loadouts, then going into entirely new aircraft.

The roadmap truly gave me the warm fuzzies.

And no, I don't mean the kind I have to go get shots to get rid of.

Hey, it wasn't my fault. I mean, it was at a party, and she was really cute. She whispered in my ear, and the next thing I knew I was...

Wait! What am I explaining myself to you for??? :lol:

Seriously though, fear Rats with a plan. This could get really good. Then comes the Steam release and bunches of new players. Could the DamBusters be ready to train a new class of rookies by then?

-Irish
No one can say I didn't try.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Looking at the staff list does this mean DOC has left? I liked the guy when he was in Warbirds but I do blame him for the lost of direction of WW2Online over the years and with so much focus on the ground war.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Yep, DOC is gone.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

lol maybe irish!

peg, yup like kiz said, hes gone. he's actually been gone about six months along with gophur. Xoom took over as the headshed and they have a ton, compared to what they had, of new ppl that are working on the back side of things.
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
ODonovan
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by ODonovan »

I just posted HERE, asking for some bomber love for Starter accounts. If some folks come back, and can at least spring for $4.99/mo, it will get some more planes in the air.

-Irish
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Just Damn Can't a Old Man Enjoy Retirement, Posted Today:

RDP BOMBING & FACTORY REBUILD TIMERS

Some time ago when strategic bombing took place on RDP facilities (say by the Dambusters for example), it meant something. The whole game felt the consequences of not covering your factories, AND it brought a boat load of realism for everyone. Right now our factory rebuild timer settings is about 9 hours. Campaign 116 will see an increase in those rebuild timers by +9 hours (or twice the amount), for a total of 18 hours.

With an increased supply list over the last few campaigns, we feel it's time to bring this back because an entire part of our player base are dedicated to this.

:iconbutt: :iconFU: :iconbutt: :iconFU:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

We going to unretire for a campaign dog?
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Good to hear from you Reddog!
Pegasus
ODonovan

Post by ODonovan »

Kizmet wrote:We going to unretire for a campaign dog?
Pleeeeeeeeze??? :)

I hope you guys do! As I said, I'm on a Starter account, so can't fly bombers, but I can fly a Hurricane and give some cover, or multi-crew and ride with someone as a gunner. I would love to be a nasty surprise to some unsuspecting German pilots who think they have an easy kill coming. If you start at or after 10pm US Eastern time, my sons are in bed and I have mostly undistracted time to play for a few hours.

If the Dambusters get a level of regular activity back up, I'm more than willing to leave ground combat behind and join full time. When the Steam release comes, there will be lots of folks trying the game. I'd love to see the Dambusters getting their share of those new players and just burying the Axis, campaign after campaign.

-Irish
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Kizmet wrote:We going to unretire for a campaign dog?
Not sure, I get a itch every now and then.

Multi-crew still not fixed So, that would be a bummer.

We'll see.

S!
:iconjuke: :iconjuke:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:Good to hear from you Reddog!
Hi Peg, I here it's nice and toasty over the pond this year.

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Reddog wrote:
Pegasusbelgar wrote:Good to hear from you Reddog!
Hi Peg, I here it's nice and toasty over the pond this year.

S!

Aye its been a tad warm here sir ;) , end of June we had a heatwave hotter than the med, this weekend is pretty warm too.

Hope all is well. I am just waiting for the release of the "Enduring Confrontation" missions which are the JiP (Join in Progress) they can last up to 6 or more hours. They are currently beta testing them at the moment in War Thunder so hopefully soon will be able to enjoy one small step towards World War.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

good news for sure! this thread and forrest's consistent pushing seemed to do the trick

of course I got on vacation next week to fl...sigh. I was actually thinking about starting this change from within a 111...just to prove to them that if they are willing to put in the time that it really can help their side.

good to see you're still around red!
Sniper62

Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Reddog wrote:Just Damn Can't a Old Man Enjoy Retirement, Posted Today:

RDP BOMBING & FACTORY REBUILD TIMERS

Some time ago when strategic bombing took place on RDP facilities (say by the Dambusters for example), it meant something. The whole game felt the consequences of not covering your factories, AND it brought a boat load of realism for everyone. Right now our factory rebuild timer settings is about 9 hours. Campaign 116 will see an increase in those rebuild timers by +9 hours (or twice the amount), for a total of 18 hours.

With an increased supply list over the last few campaigns, we feel it's time to bring this back because an entire part of our player base are dedicated to this.

:iconbutt: :iconFU: :iconbutt: :iconFU:
haha hey tracy

tell that beautiful ex of yours that sometimes the boys like to get together for a few smokes and drinks and some johnny cash

i'll probably resub in a month or so... need some hardware. would be great to get the guys together again

anybody got ben's email or phone number or is our only contact means the mass email that john sent out this morning? maybe he has had enough whiskey over the last year or so to forgive my commie ways