Room For One More Canuck?

Public Forum for new recruits.
Axeman

Room For One More Canuck?

Post by Axeman »

I just came across the 617 when I was researching squads in War Thunder. I didn't know that WWII Online existed, but after viewing your material and videos, I was hooked.

I have flown a bit over the years in VATSIM, so I have the basics down, but haven't been active for several years. I'm semi-retired, so I have a bit of free time available for some recreational activities, and I'm willing to learn. I have read the Code of Conduct and am willing to abide.

I've downloaded the game and will place a subscription as I noticed that Free To Play wouldn't give me access to the DB7.

My game name is Coach71.

Harold
Ontario, Canada
Kizmet
Site Admin

Re: Room For One More Canuck?

Post by Kizmet »

Welcome Harold. Just responded to your email. Glad to have you aboard. I think you'll enjoy the fun and bantor while we fly some pretty serious missions. We like to have fun, but we're serious and very good at what we do. Destroying Axis Factories.

See you in game.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Thanks for the welcome.

I read that this game has a steep learning curve, but I'm looking forward to the challenge and the journey.

I upgraded my subscription this morning, so I'm in for the long haul...No turning back now. If there's anyone out there that would have some free time and would like to take me under your wing, I could use the help in making sure that I have TS set up properly (still can't find a reference to the password), and then obviously the workings of the game and in particular, improving my flying and and learning bombing techniques, and how to become an asset as a member of 617 Sqn.

I'll check back here on a regular basis or you can reach me on my game email at hcornish71@gmail.com.

Harold aka Coach71
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

S! Harold and Welcome Aboard..

Yes the game can be frustrating in the beginning but we have all been there done that.

TS info addy is ts44.gameservers.com:9259 pass is ww2.

617 TS room is down in the basement pass the cleaning closet, if you end up in the Naughty room, then you went too far, we are up a couple of rooms.

As for Techniques these are must reads for how to bomb:

http://617dambusters.com/guide.html, look on the left under the crest for 2 videos under Bombing Basics. These will help you get sorted with waypoints , setting bombsights, etc

I unfortunately will be on LOA this weekend for my oldest daughter's graduation from Auburn University, and a little 2 day weekend with my lady friend.

Look for Sniper62 or Forrest in game to get you recruited to the squad in game in my absence.

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Axeman

Post by Axeman »

OK...I am making headway then. That is the TS info that I had, but was under the impression that the 617 had a separate TS server. Now I know.

Congrats on the big occasion, and enjoy your weekend.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Welcome aboard Axeman.

Don't be put off by the steep learning curve as it can be very rewarding especially hitting those factories at 6k. The bombing tutorials are worth digesting and putting them into practice, you got some good guys there to teach you the ropes.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

We do have a separate TS addy but mainly use it in the instance that the AHC TS is down.

Now about that lady friend there reddog................

I sure hope you got Molley's permission and your kitchen pass properly stamped. Man that bitch will rip your ass off if you don't follow proper procedures. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

S! Coach71 welcome to the forums and the game.

I'll be out for these next two weekends, i might be able to get in later in the evening but not sure atm, due to getting my scuba certifications.

I'll get on for a bit tonight and look for ya to show you the ropes and get you added to the squad.
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

coach, i am probably on the most so if you see me in game send me a message and i can get you in the squad and show you the ropes
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

i looked for him this weekend but i guess we couldnt synch times
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

I was on a few times and didn't see anyone in TS, so I assumed that everyone was tied up for the holiday weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you Charlie. :)
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

i hardly ever login to ts because my mic is broken

i normally play a few hours per night in us prime time
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

I'll be on starting friday afternoon thru monday evening.

Go get a dang 5.00 dollar mic Charlie you cheap bastage.

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Axeman

Post by Axeman »

If anyone has a free moment some time this week, I could use some help in figuring out how to get a plane off the ground on a consistent basis. I'm missing a step somewhere and usually just sit crawling and can't get enough revs/speed to get going. Needless to say, it was a frustrating evening for me. I knew that the learning curve was steep, but I didn't think it would be this bad, haha.
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Adjust prop up to max throttle, set WEP to on , engine on max throttle release brakes and roll.

Also look down in cockpit view and use your brakes, make sure they are responding correctly in game, you can see each pedal move, sounds like they might be stuck on.
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!