Joining 617

Public Forum for new recruits.
Stdyhand

Joining 617

Post by Stdyhand »

S! Dambusters!

I've been interested and considering joining 617 Dambusters for quite some time. After having flown several RDP missions with you guys on multiple occasions I have decided to go ahead and join. I have been playing WWIIonline for almost 2 years. I started off always playing ground but I was always one of those players that looked up at the pilots in the sky and dreamed of one day holding my own. My air career started off with me flying fighters only and while I can do okay in air to air combat I am no ace and dogfighting was never my passion. Once I could keep a fighter in the air I tried my hand at the stick of a bomber, this is where my passion lies. I started off flying a Havoc and only knew how to bomb and hit targets at a 30 degree dive. I never understood how to level bomb until I came across the level bombing video on your website. I practised non stop for 2 days until I got it. I have now been level bombing for over a year thanks to your videos. I primarily do RDP bombing but I also level bomb ABs to attrite supply. I also bomb buildings to flatten a town to make it easier for armor and ATGs to see into town. Bombing is one of the few things that holds my attention anymore. I have flown quite a few missions with airslyr88 back when he was in 101st. He seems to have the same passion for flying as I do so I always enjoyed bombing with him. I do have TS and I do use it for the most part but sometimes I only listen if I have company, kids are sleeping, etc. otherwise you will catch me on TS calling 6.

Some personal info. about myself: I am 28 with a wife and 3 girls. I live in Missouri. When I am not working or playing the game I am hunting or sport shooting.

I am look forward to joining 617 and flying with you guys on a regular basis.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. C S Lewis

wingit

Re: Joining 617

Post by wingit »

Welcome Stdyhand :D

Fighter Pilots make Movies. Bomber pilots make History.
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Welcome aboard.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

S! stdy

hope you like it with us

welcome aboard! hope yall can fly under a bridge :P
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Welcome aboard Stdy

See ya on the field

S!

:iconjuke: :iconjuke:

:iconpidu :iconpidu
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Stdyhand

Post by Stdyhand »

Sniper62 wrote:S! stdy

hope you like it with us

welcome aboard! hope yall can fly under a bridge :P
hmm, never took a bomber under a bridge before, but I have a fighter many times. I actually survived a 109 on my six one time by going under a bridge. That time he hit the bridge and I just bent my prop but I ended up with a rescue at least. I was surprised he actually followed me under, or tried to. If I can't shake an 09, I'll see how well they fly on the deck once they've burnt off most of their energy. Main time I won't do this is if he chooses not to follow me move for move. Some can't resist copying my every move in hopes of getting guns on me. Once their energy is gone they tend to flop around like a piece of raw bacon and end up hitting a tree or clipping the deck. I got to try the bomber under the bridge now. If it fits, I'll figure it out :)
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. C S Lewis

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

hehe i tryed that with an 09 on meh butt, but he didnt follow

just be happy airslr88 didnt have his way, he flew a DB7 under a bridge upside down...

lol
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Stdyhand

Post by Stdyhand »

Sniper62 wrote:hehe i tryed that with an 09 on meh butt, but he didnt follow

just be happy airslr88 didnt have his way, he flew a DB7 under a bridge upside down...

lol
Ok I flew under a bridge several times now, nothing to it. Better than in a fighter actually because the bomber is more stable. I'll try it upside down, at least for the fun factor. I think I could probably do it. :)

Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

Welcome onboard Stdyhand :)
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

Welcome Stdyhand.

So, Sniper hasn't done it upside down yet? :shock: :roll:
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Tzulscha wrote:Welcome Stdyhand.

So, Sniper hasn't done it upside down yet? :shock: :roll:

lol is that a challenge young TZ? :P

man u missed out today TZ, i was putting everyone through the ringer. ended up picking an Arch bridge...ya well it seems its a tight fit lol

i made it through...i think 1 more behind me made it...main4ce said eff this and flew over...reddog came up to the bridge and was guna go for it, B00m!...both Karkus and pegasus were right behind reddog, KaB00m...KaB00m!! LOL

it was quite the funneh. not sure if stdy made it through before or after the event but at least he was still alive, so he got his promotion lol
Sniper62

Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

Nah, just a tease 'old man'. :D
I did upside down under a bridge years ago but I'll confess I'm about 1 for 3 on that one... :wink: