Hello gents

Public Forum for new recruits.
DocWaldo

Hello gents

Post by DocWaldo »

Well I suppose I should say a bit about myself and you can let me know if you think I'll fit in ok.

I've played WW2OL for about 5-6 years now off and on, mostly on another account name that I forgot the password for, silly me. I've only ever played Axis. I'm a bit of an rooter for the underdog myself so I decided I'll switch to Allied. I was in an Axis squad that is pretty much dissolving so figured now is as good a time as ever.

Now for the RL stuff, I'm 24 and a forward observer in the US Army. Done a few tours overseas and blah blah blah. I'm married and we have a dingo looking dog for a kid lol. I have quite a bit of time to play, I'd say I'm ok at flying. I can take off and land like a champ! I'd be honored if you guys might let me learn from you. I'm looking for a more mature crowd to run around with. So let me know gents and I'll see you in game either way!

DocWaldo
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: Hello gents

Post by Sniper62 »

S!

before we let you in we would have to make u take a shower with steelwool to get all that axis grime off!

where are u stationed? im also in the army and am in colorado

hows your bombing? u do know this is a bombing squad and we do mostly FBRs (factory bombing runs)
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
DocWaldo

Post by DocWaldo »

I'm at Fort Polk...it's...quiet. lol. And I'll need some training as far as the bombing goes. I am aware of what you guys do, it's a rather unique job which is part of the reason why I would like to join you guys. As far as the shower goes, I'll do my best haha.
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Welcome Doc,

As Sniper stated we will require a intensive deep scour cleaning with a SOS pad, to insure all Axis traces are removed. Depending on the amount of trace residues of your Axis involvement
a "Deep Enema" maybe needed. Our Nurse Hiiamben will notify command of your test results.

LOL

See our bombing guide section on the main page at 617dambusters.com. Make sure to watch Codguy's videos on the left of the bombing guide.

Welcome and S!. Look for Main4ce,Mevan,Tzulcha,Sniper62 or myself in game and we will get you recruited.

:iconpidu
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

We have already flown together. I noticed yesterday that you had the 84 th tag on TS, which is ok, just wondered if we may have been to slow and they bet us to you? :)
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

My brother was at Ft Polk (about 15 years ago).

We have lot's of training video available, and if you stick around we can teach you bombing techniques the 84th never thought of. 8)

Welcome Doc!
DocWaldo

Post by DocWaldo »

Well a few of my work buddies were trying to get me to join their squad, but they hardly play! So next time I catch you Main4ce I'll ask for an invite. I'm working on the deep scouring. My wife was always very apprehensive about my flying for the Luftwaffe ( besides the fact that she thinks I'm an utter and complete nerd).
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

:lol:

I'll be in game later today...hopefully. Latest tomorrow!
Main4ce
XO

Another Happy Bomber!
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

Ok... we finally got it sorted after having Docwaldo's PC crash twice on him. It didn't seem to work to well over the Squad options page, but did with the text comand.

I would like you all to welcome our newest recuit! 8)
Main4ce
XO

Another Happy Bomber!
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)