Masters of the Air

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Masters of the Air

Post by Sniper62 »

Are yall going to be watching this when it comes out?

Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Reddog
Site Admin

Re: Masters of the Air

Post by Reddog »

Band of Brothers in the Air.

Hell yeah, even goanna give Apple 7.00 a month to do so.
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Will be watching, I believe they are releasing 2 or 3 episodes at the beginning then one per week.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

I thought it was alright but it wasn't anywhere as good as I had hoped or what Band of Brothers was. A lot of fluff with only 15mins of actual bomber mission stuff per episode. Unfortunately, it sorta reminds me of The Pacific and that sucked but there's a bunch of episodes left, so we shall see.
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Not Bad, but not great. More like Pacific like Sniper said.

I can't believe they couldn't rent a couple of B-17's to photoshop for the takeoffs, instead of the Microprose B-17 game video.

The CGI air combat with cutting back in cabin was good, though.

It really reminds me of flying WWIIOL and approaching target and trying to stay close and getting slammed by EA.

I give it a 80
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

It's not bad but not great, been some errors if you spot Episode 2 where Bucky is on the wing of a B17 early morning you will see high alt contrails of twin-engine airliner flying East to West. The Airfield they filmed at is ICAO: EGUD Abingdon near Oxford, this is more of a nitpick but the airfield is 36/18 N to S but Thorpe Abbots is East to West, the other issue was the call out of JU88s where they were 110s, apparently this was due to the writers strike, but you could reflect that calling out and misidentifying aircraft which was common in WW2. The list goes on.

I can see what they were going for, the colour palette and we have yet to see the Tuskegee Airmen which I am guessing we will see soon, it could have been so much better, 60 out 100.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Yuppp. I thought they were going to recover with that mostly in the air episode last week but then this week they didn't do any flying and kinda bummed me out.
Sniper62