A-20 article

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Codguy

A-20 article

Post by Codguy »

Hey fellas, good to see this place still exists, although sadly not exactly what we all remembered it being back in "the day". Recently started spending some time in game again after quite a number of years. Usually a few hours here and there mostly on US weekday mornings/afternoons when I'm off and at home, but might be able to pop in every now and again on the occasional weekend. Did run into Barely in game the other week so nice to see a couple old familiar tags lingering around still.

Anyway, may be old news, but stumbled across this article the other day in an old EAA magazine I was browsing on a layover. Short piece about the restoration of the only flyable A-20 Havoc in existence that I guess made an appearance at Oshkosh last year. Figured it would be worth passing on here. Also a short accompanying video.

Article: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcdb2a7y4c5x9 ... e.pdf?dl=0

Video: https://youtu.be/aswDENkU1No

I see that CRS has totally restructured since I was last really paying attention, pretty impressive to see Xoom and company tackling all of the day to day operations, player support and development work of the game essentially on an all-volunteer basis (Great to see you so heavily involved in the process Sniper!). Saw the last Rat Chat about the upcoming challenges and 64-bit mandate that loom on the horizon so figured I'd do my part and chip in a few bucks to the current funding campaign. As a Mac player, sounds like my playing days will be over this fall should the 64-bit rollout not come to fruition. Even though I haven't played much in the last 5-6 years, hard to belive I've been tinkering around in this game since 2002....few other things have held my attention for that long.

Anyway, just figured I'd pop in and say "hi" and will keep an eye out in game for any familiar faces.

Cheers, all.
Codguy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"
"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Reddog
Site Admin

Re: A-20 article

Post by Reddog »

Well Dang, Good to see you Cod. S!

Interest is definitely piqued in tha game and many of us are still looking and crossing fingers.

I had to kick a few dollars recently too, since some blasted Audit discovered that well maybe my Builder Status had Expired, in some contested Date long Ago.

As I have said since 2002 Get a Windows Box. :iconFU: :iconFU: :toke: :toke:

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Hey Codguy, good to hear from you, and that you are well. Are you still flying in the real world?
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Codguy

Post by Codguy »

Thanks, Pegasus, good to see you around still. Hopefully run into you sometime in game one of these days.

Yes, I am still flying - Afterall, I'd hate to have to actually go out and get a real job... :)
Codguy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"
"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

S! codguy, good to see you are still kickin and flying for real lol

That article looks like a good read, I watched the video and it's an impressive feat.

The game is making a big change with how everything is going and that's a good thing! The future is looking promising and now that I'm the Development Lead, we are guna get the Strategic Air War fixed right up ;)
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV