World of Planes

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Pegasusbelgar

World of Planes

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Dont let yourself get confused with the recently announced World of Warplanes by the World of Tanks makers.

World of Planes Sign up for beta test here

Developer & Publisher: Gaijin Entertainment
Genre: MMO flying simulation game
Platform: PC and MAC
Release date: to be announced
Type: subscription free
Graphic engine: Same as Birds of Prey

World of Planes — a new MMO set during history’s most critical air battles!

World of Planes is an MMO dedicated to World War II military aviation. You will take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world. Become a lone hero or lead your squadron to victory — the choice is yours!

World of Planes offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds of historically accurate planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II fighter pilot as you plunge into battle.

The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. World of Planes also exposes players to combat on land and at sea. The game’s co-op features include collaborative missions with allies as well as intense battles against enemy forces.

Key Features

Subscription free!
World of Planes is a subscription free online game with the same vast possibilities for any players. The MMO experience draws upon multiple genres, from action games and shooters to flight simulators and strategy games. Every player will find something different in World of Planes.

See the world unfold before your eyes
Experience detailed recreations of actual World War II combat locations from a stunning bird’s eye vantage point. Satellite pictures of today’s earth were used in conjunction with 1940s maps to create a detailed and historically accurate landscape.

Relive history with detailed and accurate machines
Choose among hundreds of World War II era aircraft from Allied and Axis countries including Germany, the USSR, Great Britain, Japan, and the USA. Each plane has a realistic appearance, accurate flight performance, and a functional and detailed cockpit. Of course, battles aren’t restricted to the sky; down below you’ll see tanks, vehicles, artillery, ships, and even infantry.

Choose your side and build your power
Create your own clans, make alliances, fight against one another, or perform tasks together. Choose wisely—tactics and strategy can be even more important than firepower and piloting skills.

Realistic damage
Unique simulation technology allows for visible damage, from small scratches in the airplane’s skin to massive engine damage. Harm is specific to the type of weapon used, the force and angle at which a projectile hit, and many other factors.

The highest possible graphical detail
Detailed graphics allow for millions of land targets within visual range, dynamic changes in weather conditions and time of day, realistic atmospheric and cloud calculations, precise landscapes and ground equipment—all combining on your screen to create an immersive and lifelike simulation. World of Planes provides high-quality graphics even on low-end computers, with high-end machines displaying a stunning level of detail and realism.

Become a true flying ace
With Global Career Mode, all of your experience and technique will evolve and modernize as you work your way to the top. Starting from scratch, you can achieve the expertise of a true flying ace, with new gameplay opportunities arising as your reputation and skills improve. Perform personal challenges, uncover unique achievements, receive special medals and decorations, and enjoy the highest titles and ranks.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Reddog
Site Admin

Re: World of Planes

Post by Reddog »

Does it support the use of joystick and meh rudder pedals!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

Humm sounds interesting especially seeing that beautiful B-17.
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

It is using the same graphic engine as Wings of Prey, this was an ww2 arcade version of IL-2 which was ported to the consoles and then back again to the PC. It will have more advance flight characteristics and there are details threads on the forum about flight models and plane performance, so it looks to be a true flight simulation with detailed cockpits as mentioned.

So I would of thought flight controls will be supported.

IT does look too good to be true being one huge world with hundreds of players, how will the server cope and also mentioned it is free to play. micropayments maybe? we have to see. I like the career mode and no doubt most of us will be going down the bomber route. Those B17s do look sweet.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

really? they couldnt come up with an original name?

eh i was disappointed with Birds of Prey...ya the graphics are nice but thats about it. everything else was just a bit off, and if ur hoping to be sitting in a bombadiers seat in one of those bombers im sure that wont be the case. as with Birds of Prey when u get to bomb with a Blen u have no cockpit and just a HUD and a line with circle showing where on the ground your bombs are guna hit

i will defiantly check it out because its free, so i guess we will see. maybe im wrong
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Frantish

Post by Frantish »

Sniper62 wrote: eh i was disappointed with Birds of Prey...ya the graphics are nice but thats about it.
Well, it is just a stripped down version of IL-2.

I am not sure if WoP is IL-2 based...

Or maybe it is and is just focused as an MMO?

Of course if you don't pay a monthly fee, you probably will be endless advertising... no?

Most intriguing, Mac OS X version (!!!).
Bose 26, er, DAMBUSTERS: De-constructing, one bomb at a time.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

I got my eye on the forum and posting there and awaiting for more information to be made available. I will post here if and when I get to find something new.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Right chaps, could I ask for those who are interested in this sim to try out the "alpha benchmark test" below and see how it runs on your system. The download is about 1.1GB and once you registered an account at yuplay and downloaded and installed the software, config the options and tweak and sit back and enjoy the show. **please select stereo in the sound options** or it might crash if you have a 5.1/7.1 setup. <-- This is important!!

The benchmark test is sent to Gaijin after the test is done when you get the result screen.

Follow the steps below and you can not go wrong.

Hi all,

Below find a copy of a Gaijin Entertainment email many of you will or have already received. Let's please all take part in the World of Planes DIrectX 9 Benchmarking - the more quality data the devs get from us, the sooner we'll have the Beta and the game. And, the smoother the launch of the CBT will be.

Looking forward to your feedback and discussions here!

:)

MAC

World of Planes – Time to check your system!

Gaijin Entertainment thanks you for your interest in World of Planes. We are working very hard on the project and are already running internal tests of a future Beta version. But here’s the thing: PCs come in thousands of different configurations and as you can imagine, to make a game work well on all of them is an extremely difficult task. That’s why we need your help! In order to tune the Beta even before releasing it we have made a special World of Planes Direct X9 Benchmark. This program will allow you to see a part of World of Planes and us to test the performance of your computer. The benchmark will send us your settings and test results which will give us an idea on how we are doing with the current version and what needs to be done before release. To participate in the World of Planes benchmark, please register for it at yuplay.com!

On the basis of the results of the World of Planes benchmarking we’re planning to quickly follow up with tests of our new login server, service packs and other game services. However our priority right now is to learn as much as we can about actual users’ system and performance data even before the start of the CBT (Closed Beta Test) in order to avoid the usual compatibility problems during the game play tests.

How to get World of Planes DirectX 9 Benchmark?

Register an account (or use an existing one) on yuplay.com

Go to the special (hidden) part: Download World of Planes DirectX 9 Benchmark

Download and install the World of Planes DirectX 9 Benchmark

Don’t forget that all of your remarks and opinions are very important to us! The World of Planes DirectX 9 Benchmark discussion takes place at its own topic on the Official game’s forum – link.

Thanks all for your help!

Gaijin Entertainment.
Pegasus
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Got a email from yuplay today about it, downloading
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

When i sign up for the beta test in my configuration do i need to put which version of windows?

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

done

theres a little video for the test and from the looks of it ill say eh...it looks alright. im not to interested in the pacific theater tho, itll be worth a try when it comes out
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

Ok where do i find my pc configuration to put in the box apparently its somewhere else then in the 1st page of the system?

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

hiiamben wrote:Ok where do i find my pc configuration to put in the box apparently its somewhere else then in the 1st page of the system?
huh? whatchya talkin about willis
Sniper62

Apauc

Post by Apauc »

Meh, tried it. All it is is a cinematic and then tells you how you ran it. Was wanting some sort of actual gameplay.
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

ya me too apauc thats why i was signing up for beta tester but i cant seem to put my pc configuration in right:(