RDP Improvement Ideas

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

RDP Improvement Ideas

Post by Sniper62 »

Let's be sure we add our thoughts to this thread or a related one.

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=460736

The rats opened up a forum just for ideas and feeback for additions to the game. The more we get info out there and discuss it, the better change it might just happen.
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Re: RDP Improvement Ideas

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Say my forum login details are incorrect even though I successfully request to change them so cant seem to post right now, will have to send a message to Xoom to fix.

But anyway my thoughts:

Clone Bombers - These have been successful and been in use with Warbirds and Aces High for over 10 years now, benefit of this would be to enlarge the formations of bombers. A choice to have "up to" two clone bombers flying behind the player in various of different formations using / slash key command so /form vic will have the clone bombers fly in a V formation, /form echelon left or right will have the bombers fly behind the player staggered left or right.
Also depending on how many players turn up for example a squad night, then one can reduce the clone bombers down from two to one or even remove them completely depending on numbers.
This would also benefit the enemy as for the factory defense cap fighters will have more fun being there be more targets to shoot down.

New Bombers - An obvious point, we need medium bombers to replace the 14 years time span of the availability of the light bomber, I can spend all day giving bomber choices but we all have our favourites and what country should have, i.e. Wellington for British, B-25 for US & French and Do-217 or an upgraded 111-H6 for the Axis.

Bomb loadouts - an ability to change what type of bombs you want to take i.e 6 x 250lbs or 6 x 500lbs etc

Other RDP targets - Link supply to marshalling yards, so damaging/destroying train yards will also limit the supply from the factories, same goes for shipping ports or towns that can spawn ships.

I write more if I think of anything else.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Increasing factory rebuild timers to 48 hours.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Sniper it looks like only sub users can post at the moment, if you are able to copy and paste my responses in that thread that would be grand.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:Sniper it looks like only sub users can post at the moment, if you are able to copy and paste my responses in that thread that would be grand.
i actually found a thread that kiz put together with a buncha input from yall. I linked that to the thread.
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Hows 1.35 coming along Sniper, any sneak snippets available?
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:Hows 1.35 coming along Sniper, any sneak snippets available?
it's comin along. multicrewing wasnt working...shocker that we were told that it was from the previous crew... The new crew seems to have gotten it working though! it needs some more testing but from the looks of it, it will be in 1.35. Theres a beta team that does beta sessions every few weeks and it shouldnt be too much longer until it's released, hopefully.

So, all in all, it's good news.
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Thanks Snipples, I think that's what most of us wanted to hear including Reddog before we attempt to go back for another whirl. Now where our little mascot with his poms poms gone. ;)
Pegasus