The Air War - Current Status

Public Forum open to all visitors.
ODonovan
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

The Air War - Current Status

Post by ODonovan »

It looks like the air war is alive and well...and missing the Dambusters. Doc1168 just got Officer of the Week for this past week, for his work in strategic bombing. 4Wing just won the Unit Air Award. I see a couple folks from here active, but the Dambusters should be ruling the skies, ramping up activity so new pilots can be recruited and trained before 1.35 comes out. Also, the training server is up and running again.

So, how about it? Will I see any Dambusters' missions, any time soon?

-Irish

p.s. I only have access to the Public areas, so if there are other discussions going on about activity and such. I don't have access to them. Sorry.
No one can say I didn't try.
Pegasusbelgar

Re: The Air War - Current Status

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Yep, 1.35 :lol:
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
ODonovan
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by ODonovan »

ODonovan wrote:I see a couple folks from here active, but the Dambusters should be ruling the skies, ramping up activity so new pilots can be recruited and trained before 1.35 comes out.
Pegasusbelgar wrote:Yep, 1.35 :lol:
No offense, but that type of answer is the reason the Dambusters have ceased to exist as a unit. By the time 1.35 comes out, 4Wing and Doc's (doc1168's) 17th Bomb Group will have all the pilots. The few members of the Dambusters who are left will be a joke, nothing more than an afterthought. When the game is put on Steam, there will be NO WAY for the Dambusters to have recruited and trained enough people to be competitive.

The only references anyone makes to the Dambusters anymore are to link to the resources on the homepage, for new players. I had hoped for so much more than that. Perhaps this isn't the type of unit I want to be associated with, after all.

-Irish
No one can say I didn't try.
Airslayr88

Post by Airslayr88 »

A Joke? 617DB's are legends and will always remain legends in WW2OL my friend. We may be few in numbers but that will matter little when 4Wing sees the friendly 617 tag.
Commander, 76 Squadron (CAS Brigade)

Check my YouTube! Videos and Add me
http://www.youtube.com/user/Airslayr88