Friday Updates

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Kizmet
Site Admin

Re: Friday Updates

Post by Kizmet »

I have Ben's number. I'll give him a shout. He's on Satellite now so I don't know if he can fly but I'll let him know.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

tell him that whether he likes it or not, this hippie loves his redneck ass, to STFU, to put our differences aside, and to smoke some good weed once we are all on TS
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Charlie3 wrote:tell him that whether he likes it or not, this hippie loves his redneck ass, to STFU, to put our differences aside, and to smoke some good weed once we are all on TS
Depending on when we do this, I'll come down to FrostFree and visit you for a few days charlie. Be a hell of a lot of fun I'm sure.

Pack the survival gear and hit the skies.

Wife has surgery on the 28th of this month. Rotator Cuff left shoulder.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

You are welcome to drive down anytime, John... although I do not have a bed in the guest room yet so you would have lay out on a thrift store couch. It's not too bad though, I've slept on it a few times.

I resubbed today. Just hooked up my joystick... about to fly an RDP mission in intermission... won't count but who cares.

Sorry to hear about the surgery.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Kizmet wrote: Wife has surgery on the 28th of this month. Rotator Cuff left shoulder.
dam kiz, yall falling apart from all that heat down there? :shock:

Charlie3 wrote:You are welcome to drive down anytime, John... although I do not have a bed in the guest room yet so you would have lay out on a thrift store couch. It's not too bad though, I've slept on it a few times.

I resubbed today. Just hooked up my joystick... about to fly an RDP mission in intermission... won't count but who cares.

Sorry to hear about the surgery.
good to see youre doing well charlie!
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

So what would it take for all the crew to come back and fly?

Clone bombers, up to 2 slave bombers and adjustable depending on how big the formation is, so you can reduce it to one slave if more people showed up.

Multi-crew, get those members trained up and man the guns at the same time.

New Bombers, B-25 must be long overdue now, along with JU-88 or Do-17 for Axis. (last aircraft added was the P-38 back in 2005 - 10 years ago!!)

More strategic targets to bomb.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Do you mind if I post your response in the playschool forums Peg?
Kizmet
Executive Officer
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:So what would it take for all the crew to come back and fly?

Clone bombers, up to 2 slave bombers and adjustable depending on how big the formation is, so you can reduce it to one slave if more people showed up.

Multi-crew, get those members trained up and man the guns at the same time.

New Bombers, B-25 must be long overdue now, along with JU-88 or Do-17 for Axis. (last aircraft added was the P-38 back in 2005 - 10 years ago!!)

More strategic targets to bomb.
I don't think work like that is realistic unless the steam rollout brings new money to the game. But the increased factory times was realistic to try now. It appears they made that timer change to bring some of us (RDP bombers) back.

Map restarts today some time. Hopefully a couple more Dambusters will pony up the monthly rate to see what kind of damage we can do using the new timers.

If you have not been following the game, the Allies got their collective ass kicked last map. It would be nice to try another Dambuster game imbalance influx to turn the tide and watch the Axis types whine on the forums.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Kizmet wrote:Do you mind if I post your response in the playschool forums Peg?
sure go ahead Kiz. I dont have access as I am not subbed but it will most likely get shot down in flames.

There was a live debate a couple of years ago when doc and gopher was at the helm and they mentioned some of the things i listed i.e. clones bombers were being looked into/in the pipeline for the airwar. (it works really well for Aces High and Warbirds) but nothing come of it.

I do get the itch to fly again with 617 and I enjoyed the spell in War Thunder, not sure there is enough for me to try ww2o again.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

We have a new forum for Builders only and have been asked what would bring players back. Now I have one answer for them.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Kizmet wrote:We have a new forum for Builders only and have been asked what would bring players back. Now I have one answer for them.
feel free to post that the RDP timer change brought me back

i took out frankfurt by myself last night :twisted:
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Will do charlie. I wish they had taken it back to 24 hours but anything is better than the 9 it was before. Maybe we can get a little axis whine going and they will increase it to 24. We'll see.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

ODonovan
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by ODonovan »

Well DAM(busters)! I guess I'll have to log back in, now. I only have a starter account, but could at least fly some pretty weak-ass cover for someone. Are you guys on the Dambusters TS channel, when you're ingame?

-Irish
No one can say I didn't try.
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Yes, we are mainly on the Dambusters channel normally. There are occasions where we may move to a fighter squad channel if there are more people there when we are flying a mission.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Kizmet wrote:Will do charlie. I wish they had taken it back to 24 hours but anything is better than the 9 it was before. Maybe we can get a little axis whine going and they will increase it to 24. We'll see.
yea i remembered that right before i logged off that night

i spent around four hours by myself RDP bombing and it only caused the resupply to get delayed by an hour

when bombing in us prime time, an hour won't do shit to stop the tz3 crowd... especially when bombing alone

still, as much as i hate to admit it, i missed the game and used the timer change as my reasoning

of course we got rolled already since reset... sorta makes solo RDP moot