Tesla Powerwall

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Tesla Powerwall

Post by Sniper62 »

Has anyone heard about this? Telsla, known for Tesla Motors and the electric luxury/sport cars is expanding into the battery world. They created a better battery for home/business solar panel power use. I think its interesting, I also think that with SpaceX, Tesla Motors, and now this they will be a company that is going to be sticking around for the long haul. Which is a good thing when talking about renewable/cleaner energy.

The powerwalls mount on either an exterior or interior wall and arent that big to be in your garage or on the side of your house. They look like they will start out at $3,500/$3,000 for a 10kWh/7kWh battery pack for home use. I looked up my historic usage and it looks like, other than the three summer months, that I average 20kWh per day. Basically if i got one, that would cut my electric bill in half ($50ish) and if i got two that would take me mostly off the grid...

What do yall think? I'm hoping "off the grid" or "sell power back" will be a thing of the future since there needs to be a change in the way that we use power. Of course those costs are only for the powerwall, the cost of installation and separate solar panels will be extra. I'm curious how many solar panels would be needed to charge 10kWhs a day.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/30/tesla- ... e-battery/
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV