Airborg - my iRacing Trucks Class video.

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Pegasusbelgar

Airborg - my iRacing Trucks Class video.

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

The only video I made of my time in iRacing in 2011 which I actually enjoyed a lot. Racing at Chicago Speedway this was I think if I remember my second race in Trucks after promoting up from Street Stock. I was very happy after a 91 lap race I finished 5th. You can use my real name in video to check my iracing stats, I do wonder how I would of done if I kept racing.

Would love to get back into it but will be rusty as hell.

Last edited by Pegasusbelgar on Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: Airborg - my iRacing Trucks Class video.

Post by Sniper62 »

looks cool. Did yall ever play Grand Turismo on playstation? I remember playing that with my brother for hours on end...ranking up, making money to buy new cars and modifications, was good stuff. is iRacing like that?

I almost bought a PS3 just for that game after i got back from iraq since we played it out there.
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

The only difference between iRacing and GT or Forza is that they have cars in it. iRacing is a pure simulation you cant drive it to its full potential using a joystick or game pad, it can be done but someone with a wheel and pedals will always do much better. The physics of the cars, tyres, tracks is right up there as the best racing simulator currently, and with the multiplayer side of things you are only racing against real people rather than AI. There are ratings based on your driving ability, if you race clean and don't hit cars, spin off, hit other obstacles even if you finish the race in the lower end of the pack you will gain more points than someone who spins off, rub cars and comes third. The system recognises you are a clean driver than the other, and you will most likely progress up the licence system quicker than the guy who has no situational awareness.
The video above is just a replay, while playing the game you can only race in cockpit view.

iRacing has a real steep learning curve, but if you practice just like anything else you will improve, racing in iRacing is all about practice, qualifying (which can be hairy at times when other drives do not get out of the way), and especially when racing ovals there is a degree of tactics involved not just racing clean and fast, especially when there is an accident and a yellow flag comes out, you make the decision do you come in for new tyres and fuel or do you stay out.

I enjoyed Forza 2 a lot on the Xbox, the others not so much, but it is more of an arcade game compared to iRacing.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Airborg are you still racing in iRacing, forgot what class/car you race.
Pegasus