Does Walmart Sell Propellers?

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Axeman

Does Walmart Sell Propellers?

Post by Axeman »

Well, I am realizing that the learning curve is going to be a lot tougher than I imagined.

I've been trying to figure out the proper sequence of events to get airborne, and have only been able to get up in the air about 3 times, and I'm beginning to think that it was only by coincidence. Most of the time I just seem to be on idle or crawling at best. I went through 9 sets of propellers this evening, and decided to pack it in before the hangar became bare.

Part of the problem turned out to be that the mouse was controlling events instead of my joystick, and I couldn't figure out how that could happen. Then it seemed that the problem was solved, but I still couldn't get liftoff tonight for some reason. I chopped down a ton of trees, but that was the extent of my accomplishments.

My career as a Dambuster looks as if it will end before it begins if I can't get off the runway.

Can someone provide me with a sequence that I should be following, as well as a control set-up template if that is required?

If this continues, I'll put away my Saitek and trade it in for a ground unit...at least I am familiar with that surface :iconFU:
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: Does Walmart Sell Propellers?

Post by Sniper62 »

haha the ground mechanics arent guna be happy with you!

lol im just messin with ya, everyone started out the same way. i was on earlier tonight but ended up getting off around 7 to make dinner.

tomorrow when i get home from work ill create a short vid to show you the different steps. it should go like this:

1-Look around and check your controls.
1.1-Press 2 on the keyboard num pad to look down
1.2-Move the joystick right, left, forward, and back. You should see the flight stick move as you do.
1.3-While still looking down, press your left/right rudder pedal. You should see the rudder pedals in the plane move as you do.
1.4-Now move your throttle forward, you should see the throttle in the plane move forward as well.
2-Start the engine(s) by pressing e.
3-Set your engine RPMs to Max by pressing ' twice.
4-Unlock your tail wheel by pressing /.
5-Give it a little throttle to get rolling, but not to much.
6-Taxi (using z/x for your breaks) out to one of the corners on the runway and turn around so you are facing the other end of the airfield.
7-Relock your tail wheel by pressing / again.
8-Punch the throttle all the way to max.
9-Steer down the runway by using the breaks or rudder to control your heading.
10-Once the tail lifts off the ground, give it a bit more and pull back on the stick slightly.
11-You should now be airborne, keep it above the trees until you build up more speed.
12-Retract your landing gear.

from the sounds of things you may have your keymapper setup wrong...open up the keymapper (either by going to preferences>keymapper from the map screen or by opening your map while spawned and clicking the keymapper tab in the top right) once the keymapper is open look on the left and click the Fighters and Bombers menu. once you do that all the keymappings should show up on the right.

for Pitch, Aileron, Yaw, Throttle, and Rudder go ahead and reset these to your joystick by double clicking under Primary Key for each one then moving the joystick/throttle/rudder for the correct one. be sure to press save before your close it.

Also, if you are at the map screen there is a Training tab in the top left. if you click that there is a preflight tutorial that give ya a bit of a step through to help ya. when ever you are about to get on tomorrow shoot me an email (sniper62@617dambusters.com) and then ill hop on and we can figure this thing out.
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Adjusted key mapper to finally have a throttle control (Makes a big difference), and managed to do two quick flights back to back, and all worked fine. Just have to load rudders next and I'll be good to go.

Now that I don't have any technical excuses, I'll have to work on my game skills.

Thanks for the help! :iconworship:
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

:lol: ya the throttle is a necessity to have for flying

good to hear ya got it all sorted out.
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Well, I tried the get a bomber up but couldn't manage to avoid the trees...will work on it...Traded the wreck in for a fighter and managed to get my first kill - HE 111, and that soothed my wounded ego, haha.

This learning curve is definitely a work in progress, but the challenge makes this journey all the more interesting..Certainly more than a plug-N-play game.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Axeman wrote:Well, I tried the get a bomber up but couldn't manage to avoid the trees...will work on it...Traded the wreck in for a fighter and managed to get my first kill - HE 111, and that soothed my wounded ego, haha.

This learning curve is definitely a work in progress, but the challenge makes this journey all the more interesting..Certainly more than a plug-N-play game.
wow your first kill already! great job!

for taking off in the blens, make sure the tail wheel is locked and give yourself plenty of runway. the game defiantly is more than a just an easy game to get into, its why the people that do play the game are really into the game rather than just going out and getting kills.
Sniper62

Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

lol yea blens are kinda hard to take off but if you can get one off the ground bombing bridges with an AO = easy rank points