Paradrops

Public Forum open to all visitors.
AlasdhairC

Paradrops

Post by AlasdhairC »

Has 617 squadron ever done paradrops? I know that it's mostly strategic bombing, but I find airborne forces to be an interesting part of WWIIOL, and often an underused one, as far as I can tell. At this moment, we could use paras to take a german division HQ, and close a pocket, possibly ensuring the destruction, if possible, of an armored Kampfsgruppe, near Rochefort and Wellin. If HC is willing, it would be a very interesting scenario, if it worked.
Main4ce

Re: Paradrops

Post by Main4ce »

I'm not sure if thats possible, need to check that out.
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

even with paras, there has to be an allied town that links to the enemy town in order to capture it

playing paras can be fun, specially on big runs with a ton of other paras. its fun as long as you dont get shot down on the way to target lol
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
AlasdhairC

Post by AlasdhairC »

yeah, i've never done it in a big run, the largest I took part in was 5 paras. The image sticks i my head, though, of huge fleets of C-47s, and massive columns of jumpers
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

AlasdhairC wrote:yeah, i've never done it in a big run, the largest I took part in was 5 paras. The image sticks i my head, though, of huge fleets of C-47s, and massive columns of jumpers
look up some wwiionline youtube videos, there are some good para ones out there
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV