hello

Public Forum open to all visitors.
bota11

hello

Post by bota11 »

I just wanted too say hello. I have been doing some RDP and was wondering if you guys are still putting up some numbers???

Id like too fly some with you guys...if you playing allied:)

S!
bota11
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: hello

Post by Sniper62 »

hey bota!

yup a few of us are still around, we bomb during the weekends mostly. catch us around 2pm EST
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
bota11

Post by bota11 »

thats great...I will look for you guys...I did some RDP too check it out...tooo tell you the truth its been years since i have done any RDP..so I did a few runs last saturday got some hits did 9% damage too factory 8...

I wanted too see how the pro's work the factories....

S! ty for the reply
bota11 CO British Air Forces France.
bota11

Post by bota11 »

sniper62

Im setting up a RDP opperation all weekend long...Id love too destroy all the factories starting saturday threw sunday...you guys are welcome too join me...

there is a post in allies secure.
bota11

Post by bota11 »

Ok, So last night charlie3 was showing us how too lvl bomb. we as a CAS squad never do this...so im here too be taught by the best...

The only question i have is this..

When setting bomber sights...I take the alt 5k and minus the alt of the target. Is that the formula for setting sights?

not sure what I think of this.. Im more than willing too learn it...

We are the 88th a low lvl cas bombing squad...we usually put up some good numbers on top 100 list for bombers. we want too learn this..thinking we can really put a hammer on the german factories...

any help from u guys will go a long way...S! thank you for the help.

S! Charlie3- great guy..ty again for listening too us freaks and helping us out...looking foward too more flights with ya....S!

I do hope too have more numbers for this over the weekend.

Again ty guys...
S! bota 11-XO 88th sqrn
CO-British Air Forces France-AHC
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

bota11 wrote:Ok, So last night charlie3 was showing us how too lvl bomb. we as a CAS squad never do this...so im here too be taught by the best...

The only question i have is this..

When setting bomber sights...I take the alt 5k and minus the alt of the target. Is that the formula for setting sights?
Yes sir that is pretty much it, minus the target height above sea level off the altitude you will be flying. i.e. Duss is 38m (125ft) above sea level, so minus that off 5k, so you will set your bombsights to 4962m, and set your speed to max in bombadier as well.

It would be fantastic if you and your squad would join us, we hopefully be flying this weekend. Its been a long time since we had a large formation to the factories.

Some info on our website about bombing factories. http://www.617dambusters.com/Factories.html
Last edited by Pegasusbelgar on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

bota take a look at our bombers guide to level bombing factories.

http://www.617dambusters.com/guide.html

also give the Bombing Basics videos on the left a watchin and you might learn somthing :P codguy did an excellent job putting those together.
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

S! Bota.

http://617dambusters.com/guide.html

That's a guide one of us wrote a few years ago that gives you the basics. When we have tons of numbers and CAS as a group we sometimes do the same level bombing technique except we bomb from 1k and spread the flight out a bit to carpet bomb an entire town.

It's a great way to build teamwork within a squad because, as I'm sure you know, divebombing is more of an individual effort.

When not RDPing, my personal specialty is killing squishes by dive bombing however. Killing squishes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Sometimes I let kiz multicrew but only when he bribes me with the choicest of sheep.
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

You bastards musta been typing at the same time I was... blowing off work and itching to get home and get that joystick in my hand.

STFU Caleb... I didn't mean it that way... dreaming of sheep comes later.
bota11

Post by bota11 »

When i was part of the 75sqrn..Llloyd and all of us would put up some crazy numbers boming and yes we carpet bomb whole cities too...alot of fun..my problems is that we are low in numbers right now..im lucky too have 2 bombers too field...im online alot and will fly with any of you guys...maybe we together can get it going...

Ty for the input...great group here. S!
bota11

Post by bota11 »

ok i printed out the info. i have a nice paket too take home...ty again..I too cant wait too get home and get too it!!!
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

lets gooooooo its friday night!
Sniper62

Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

:iconthewave: :iconthewave: :iconthewave: :iconthewave: :iconthewave: :iconthewave: :iconthewave:

:iconpartydown: :iconpartydown: :iconpartydown: :iconpartydown: :iconpartydown: :iconpartydown: :iconpartydown:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!