Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: 1.34 Going Live 11/8/11

Post by Sniper62 »

about dam time

they should have acouple bug patched out by the time i get back to CO
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Apauc

Post by Apauc »

Yay! Americans and semi-auto rifles!

If only they can fix the P-38's cockpit...or lack thereof.
Apauc

Post by Apauc »

Wouldn't worry about playing it anytime soon. Calibration files are bugged and at least one of your axises will be FUBAR like my X-axis. No reaction til 50% input then full right roll.

CTD's pop-up after 5 minutes.

Keymapper convergence is broken last I tried. Have to still use .conv but saves it.

That's after 20 mins of this new patch.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Any new bombers?
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Apauc

Post by Apauc »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:Any new bombers?
Not even an A-20 for the Americans.
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Fug, I cant get it to detect my x52 or rudder pedal with or without the cfml file uninstalled reinstalled testing different combos and nothing.

How do you break that from Beta??

:roll:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Apauc

Post by Apauc »

Reddog wrote:Fug, I cant get it to detect my x52 or rudder pedal with or without the cfml file uninstalled reinstalled testing different combos and nothing.

How do you break that from Beta??

:roll:
I have no idea. I was in Beta the day before patch went out. I could fly no problem. .cmfl files worked and my aviator JS was working. Now it still works, but they created a new build for launch day and BAM, everything is broken. Could be they F'ed up between the new build or the switch in servers borked it. So until they get a new build, I wouldn't worry about playing WWIIOL.

Odd thing is, some people get it to work. I blame DOC.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Apauc wrote:
Pegasusbelgar wrote:Any new bombers?
Not even an A-20 for the Americans.

I blame DOC too! :iconbutt:
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Apauc

Post by Apauc »

Read a thread by GOPHUR and the issues with the JS and calibration files should be "fixed". So it would seem that the game can work for us flyboys.

Minus the cockpitless P-38F
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

well he had the test fix up and i loaded it last nite and still no js on reddog but pup works fine.
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Oh well

Got Dog's pc to where no matter what version of the game was installed the axises wouldn't work in game, j/s or rudder.

Weird thing, the buttons on the j/s would work(ie Gear,Map etc..)

Now pup she is basically same setup and all works Good..

So I can't really call it a bug, just weird I will call it the "11/11/11 with full moon weirdness"

Anyhoo Dog all backed up and reload of w7 in progress..

Gonna be really pissed if it does same thing after reload LOL!!!

:toke:

:iconjuke:

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Reddog wrote:Oh well

Got Dog's pc to where no matter what version of the game was installed the axises wouldn't work in game, j/s or rudder.

Weird thing, the buttons on the j/s would work(ie Gear,Map etc..)

Now pup she is basically same setup and all works Good..

So I can't really call it a bug, just weird I will call it the "11/11/11 with full moon weirdness"

Anyhoo Dog all backed up and reload of w7 in progress..

Gonna be really pissed if it does same thing after reload LOL!!!

:toke:

S!

you n00b lol

in win7 you having to go into the "Game controllers" and select the X52 as your primary joystick in the advanced menu and then close it and select the rudder peddals as primary and close then change back to the x52 as the primary...

it happened to my fresh install and new game
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Up to 1.34.3

Still not Ready for Prime Time.

This week could not multicrew, but fixed now.

Spawn m/c and fly to target and get cellhost error on RTB.

Poor Rats, they workin arses off to fix.

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Latest Update:

Now at 1.34.5 - .4 had issues with some PC not able to load, pup had it dog didn't

A Blog from Rafter:

Today I decided to write a blog-style article that's a little more about the folks behind the project and how developing and producing WWII Online plays out.

In the early summer we had completed a tremendous amount of work on what was needed to bring a starter set of Americans into the game. We had known from the beginning that we weren't going to be able to immediately complete the entire weapon and vehicle set that would being in the U.S. "on par" with the other countries so we chose to move ahead with the special event/mini-campaign approach. This would let players enjoy fighting with and against the U.S. without waiting much longer for additional units to be produced.

We also forged ahead on a big re-write of some core host systems. Why? Well two main reasons. The first is that we have in mind some new and exciting features for the campaign that required changing the way the game scores events- everything from kills through to missions. The second is we wanted to see a big improvement in player visibility/lag. This was a really good plan because it would open the door for all kinds of new campaign stuff like new scoring event types, real-time scoring and achievements (think, PlayerX just achieved master sniper award for recording a 6 kills streak!). It would also allow us to move forward with persistent missions and other really cool things that relate to grouping. Well, things didn't exactly go according to plan. With a single host coder (*waves to KFS1) and a huge code base that runs a persistent world MMO simulation that was first written in 1999-2000 with bits re-written on top and around that code for ten years, sometimes you can't always see around all the corners. We've accomplished a lot of what we set out to do but we still have a fair amount of clean up as you can see from the 1.34 server performance.

So what happened to RA? Development on Rapid Assault was always taking a back set to Battleground Europe when it came to how we use our resources. When it became clear to us that we were going to need all-hands on deck to push 1.34 out before the end of the year, we seat RA aside for the moment. When will it make an appearance? We're not sure yet. We were very, very happy with the alpha testing and many of the testers were pretty excited about it. We plan on continuing development of RA as a test bed for future technologies and possible features for the campaign and I suspect you'll get an early look at something in the first quarter of 2012.

I can hear you, gentle reader, "What's in store for the campaign!?!". Well we've got several things in the pipeline. First and most importantly is we want to get the 1.34 release more stable and eliminate some of the worst bugs. We've done much of that already but there is still more to do. We also have some things in production now that shorten that long list of needed U.S. units. Will the U.S. find it's way into the "regular" campaign any time soon? To put it bluntly, we are working our asses off to find a way to make that happen. We've also got a couple of nice items that have been waiting in the wings that might sneak into a release before the end of the year. We've got our fingers crossed.

2011 has been a very challenging year for our crew. We've had some great additions to the team (shout out to VOCOL) while having to march on without our long-time Mac guru, AHWULF. We achieved a major milestone in finally getting a new country into the game but we've also had some setbacks in trying to live-up to a really aggressive schedule.

As always, the vision that we share with the thousands of crazy fans of this game is what keeps us pushing the rock up that hill. We appreciate those that stick with us and those that come back.

Thanks for all the support.

From Here:
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index ... 4-thoughts

S!

CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!