617 Axis Movie

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

617 Axis Movie

Post by Sniper62 »

So not that ive got fraps going on the new system, i think its time we go back to the drawing board about an axis movie.

i remembered awhile back we talked about it and came up with an idea of starting the movie off with the 617 dambusters getting kidnapped by axis paras and being forced to fly He111s...

can we come up with a good story line? next map ill be taking alot of vid to stitch together.

i was thinking the first scenes could go a bit like this:

German paras are flying high over an Allied AF with DB7s on the field

Once on the ground they catch a group of 617 in the briefing area (control tower) and hold them at gun point

then it blacks out and goes to us taking off in He111s.......
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Kizmet
Site Admin

Re: 617 Axis Movie

Post by Kizmet »

Ahhh, this sounds like fun. I think fuelpump and or TZ put together a lot of the old movie.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
wingit

Post by wingit »

Sounds like a good idea :D

Fighter Pilots make Movies. Bomber pilots make History.
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Yep could be cool, lets get a script going

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

Captured by paras and made to fly 111s?!
Weak at best. :roll:

Gonna take a fairly convoluted plot to explain why we are bombing England...

How about a special team of carefully picked pilots are dropped between the lines to capture some examples of the Axis bombers.
Finding the planes loaded, we decide to drop a few bombs on the way home.
A nice nighttime shot of some town erupting in fire maybe or individual strings hitting depots and train stations.
Need shots from the ground for the effect...

Are you looking for an actual script?
Having our guys do lines oughta be pretty funny. :lol:
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Hi guys!

Just droppwd by to see how it's going.

This would be a cool film. Kind of spy/sabotage mission. I like TZs idea about doing it at night.

Maybe the guys could hit the airfield like the Long Range Desert Group or SAS and take out the guards while sabotaging planes, buildings etc. Then they could steal the bomber and have an exciting chase through the country back to base. Lots of low level stuff maybe. I reckon a 109 smacking into a tree or a building at night could look pretty cool...

Bombing a train station on the way back could work well. You could load it up with troops waiting for trains, AA guns, trucks etc.

Would the bombs from a 111 register visually in axis territory? Can't remember... Maybe you could use DBs for the bomb shots, without showing them (just cut to shots of 111s).

Lots of explosions, lots of tension and suspense... This movie could be a real winner!

Here's a possible script breakdown...

Bunch of 617 guys at night standing in a group around a bunch of trucks with a couple of Panhards or something. They're finalising the plan.

They get in the vehicles and scream across the countryside, through the forrest, using cover etc.

The scout vehicle spots a column of axis armour. 617 stop and wait for them to pass.

They start again and get to the airfield, flying through, shooting anything that moves. They split up, the Panhards shooting up the airfield and the trucks deploying the troops who cpature the airfield buildings and mop up the guards.

But the Germans in a nearby town get the alert and mount their vehicles to go to the airfield.

617 are running out of time. They plant their explosives, and run to the 111s just as the German vehicles bust onto the airfield. The engines take time to start... The krauts are getting closer, but the 111s manage to get out leaving the airfield burning behind them.

At fairly low altitude, they come up on a target of opportunity - a train station loaded with stuff. They bomb the hell out of it, but a few 109s see the explosions and go after the 111s.

A chase follows, 111s flying low through the valley of death, the 109s are constantly turning, and can't get a shot. One flies into a tree.

Just as a 109 is about to get a clean shot, a couple of Spitfires come out of nowhere and turn the 109s into fireballs.

The 111s head home as heroes. :iconpidu

Just some ideas...
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

OMFG

Good to see you Fuelpump.

Script sounds awesome

We need you to be the Director !!!

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Nice to see you too Reddog!

It looks like I'll be having extended periods of free time in the near future, and I'll be getting paid decent money at some point too. So I'll be able to get myself a computer that actually runs the game. Until then though, I won't be able to do much more than think about the good old days.

Don't worry though, I'm still looking after my sheep, and I plan to pretty them up and let them out to play at some point in the next few months.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

Fuelpump!! Come save me from these Nazi's LOL
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Damn good to hear from you Simon. Glad to know you're still among us. The script sounds very cool as the dog says. Now, get your Director's Chair and whip and let's get this show on the road.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

Simon!
There's a name I've not seen for a while!
How the hell are ya?
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Cheers guys, it'd be great to catch up again in-game and drop ordnance on the evil hordes. Unfortunately my financial situation and lack of computing power make it somewhat difficult right now.

Unfortunately I've had to come to the realisation that I'm too old and too broke to start a career in aviation, especially with the aviation employment climate the way it is, so I've decided to pack it in (for now). Maybe get into instructing once I've paid off my debts and have a few spare bucks.

Right at the end of my commercial pilot license training, I ran out of money for the third or fourth time, and then decided that it would be the best time to get engaged. Luckily the crazy girl wasn't put off much by the fact that I was down to my last $0.28 and said yes to me, but now I have to think about a family. So spending up to $1200 per flight is no longer an option, especially when the pay rates at the bottom end of aviation are less than I'd make as a junior trainee assistant manager at McDonalds.

I passed all my exams well, and got pretty much to my last two flights, but couldn't pony up the $3000 or so (minimum) to finish.

So now I've 95% scored a job as a process plant operator on the mines. Good money, and a two week on/two week off roster. Two weeks off each swing... I'll have to get a hobby or something. What better than becoming a part-time factory HVAC conversion technician (AKA putting skylights, aircon, heating and ventilation into German factories)?

Anyway, when I get all set up I'd be happy to shift from the "Where are they" pile to the "Can't get rid of him" pile.

S!
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Also, like I said it could be a while before I'm back so no films from me for now.

But this is Sniper's baby. Feel free to use, change, delete, and/or throw bricks at the script breakdown in my previous post. Sniper could pull it off, just got to use a bit of lateral thinking on some of the shots and get everybody to help and work as a team. Not hard, as everybody works as a team anyway.

It's not difficult to make this film. What is difficult is keeping everybody where they should be, without them getting bored, and keeping the whole thing moving along.

Plus, a decent hard drive with enough spare room definitely helps. Love From Above almost died completely when my hard drive ran out of room. I lost a bunch of great shots! And my head was freaking out a bit while I had everybody standing around waiting for me to come up with something...

Don't forget that the shooting took about two days with all the cast, with some extra shots on other days too, and the editing and post processing took me I think around a month(part time).

It'd be a good idea to have an assistant director who knows the production well to help out from the early stages. TZ you'd be the guy I'd choose.

Anyway, have fun with it.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Duke2

Post by Duke2 »

Sniper ------

Thought this was very interesting.

( Mirage M1 ) Graphics are very interesting, especialy of the pilot inside.

http://vimeo.com/groups/fsim/videos/31881898

Have a Happy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"

The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Where's my Big Bomber.