World of Planes

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: World of Planes

Post by Sniper62 »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:Any of you planning to do any flying this weekend at usual time?

My Bombers:
USA All bombers (B17G is max to expert)
Germany up to HE111H6
UK up to Wellington MK3
Russia up to IL4
Japan uptp KI49
I'm up for it, i just got back from a two week vaca and could go for some game time. What time saturday?
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Usual time? or later I don't mind being a weekend.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

peg im not guna be able to make this weekend, got kinda busy with a lady friend...
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Ok guys you can come out of hibernation.

War Thunder V1.43 is now released.

http://devblog.warthunder.com/2014/10/09/1690/

USA
F7F-1
B-57a (British Canberra Jet Bomber built under licence)
Fw 190 A-8 (USA)
Ki-43-II (USA)

Germany
Fw 190 A-4
Ho 229 V-3 (Jet flying wing which got to prototype stage)
Tempest MK.V (Germany)
Yak-1B (Germany)
Bf.109 G2 (Romanian)

USSR
I-16 type 5
Yak-1
Yak-9
Il-28 (Russian jet bomber)
P-47D (USSR)

Britain
Lancaster Mk.I <-- Hope this is Rank 3/4
Canberra B. Mk.2 (Jet bomber)
Venom FB. Mk.4
Catalina Mk. IVa

Japan (Theres some jets in here somewhere :shock:)
Ki-27 otsu
Ki-43-I
J7W1
Kitsuka
R2Y2 KAI V1
R2Y2 KAI V2
R2Y2 KAI V3
B-17E (Japan)
Pegasus
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

YAWNS!!!!

:toke: :toke: :toke: :iconjuke:

Ummm Winter..... Now Yard Work.

Not sure I'm happy right now with WT, I die worse and quicker in 17G then the E, need Fighters Always, but what else is new

Oh Well, and definitely no more funds their way until World War.

Stay Warm......

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Seeing the armor and internal crew/components is pretty friggin sweet! lol lub how they were glide bombing with a B17 in one of the arcade air/ground battles...

It looks like it was a big update for War Thunder, but I wish instead of creating captured and more verient versions of the different planes/tanks they would work on World War...or some friken cockpits for bombers!

I'm sure Surly busted a nut when he saw that Tigercat lol

Fall hunting and the player driven wiki is keeping me busy lately...
Sniper62

Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Maybe a light at the end of a Tunnel.

Test of Enduring Confrontation

http://warthunder.com/en/news/3419-deve ... ntation-en

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

ODonovan
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by ODonovan »

Just out of curiosity, is there still any interest in BE: WWIIOL?

From today's (Friday the 13th's) Friday update: "RDP is one of the great things about WWII Online that other games don't have. The way supply is connected throughout the whole frontline and how a few guys can make a big difference RDP bombing is really awesome and immersive."

I'm still hoping to fly with the Dambusters, to see the German factories turned into smoking rubble.

-Irish
No one can say I didn't try.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Reddog wrote:Maybe a light at the end of a Tunnel.

Test of Enduring Confrontation

http://warthunder.com/en/news/3419-deve ... ntation-en

S!
Nice, what we been waiting for a longer test schedule as i keep missing the short few hour versions. If any one wants to try it this weekend I be happy to tag along and fly in formation.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

It is a lot harder than it looks, you start off with whatever the lowest bomber/aircraft you have in your list and to move up and fly your higher tier bombers within the same battle rating there is a timer applied to the other aircraft on the slightly higher battle rating, but if you die in one of those higher aircraft you go back down to your lowest plane and wait for the timer again, it makes you think about survival and planning your attack run. would be much better in a group for sure, it is currently 16 vs 16 for each Tier map.
Pegasus
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

ODonovan wrote:Just out of curiosity, is there still any interest in BE: WWIIOL?

From today's (Friday the 13th's) Friday update: "RDP is one of the great things about WWII Online that other games don't have. The way supply is connected throughout the whole frontline and how a few guys can make a big difference RDP bombing is really awesome and immersive."

I'm still hoping to fly with the Dambusters, to see the German factories turned into smoking rubble.

-Irish

Well if no interest why would we all be here?

I played non-stop for over a decade, with interest at a fever pitch when I started with the 617 in 04, till when there was no interest after the game was nerfed.

I am a Builder,Hero Builder and plan on staying for a while.

You if I understand correctly don't have rank to fly DB or Havoc. and multi-player is FUBARed in the game.

When they fix M/C I will play more.

You IMHO in the time till that passes, need to Rank up and Practice,Practice Practice.

That way you'll be ready.

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Yep I think 1.35 will be make or break for WW2Online for 617DB, if they cant fix the multicrew bug then will they ever or least until they can fix the mess that DOC and crew left behind? I myself will at least come back and see how things are in 1.35 and willing to help anyone else crew up. This of course does not stop 617DB looking elsewhere like we did for War Thunder last year and Enduring Confrontation and eventually World War is looking to be a good alternative for some of us, or even DCS World.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:It is a lot harder than it looks, you start off with whatever the lowest bomber/aircraft you have in your list and to move up and fly your higher tier bombers within the same battle rating there is a timer applied to the other aircraft on the slightly higher battle rating, but if you die in one of those higher aircraft you go back down to your lowest plane and wait for the timer again, it makes you think about survival and planning your attack run. would be much better in a group for sure, it is currently 16 vs 16 for each Tier map.
that doesnt sound like World War that we were hoping for. It actually doesnt sound like a good situation for a group of people flying together. If we all get ranked up to fly some heavy bombers like lancasters or B17s and one us gets shot down, then all of a sudden that one person is stuck flying a blenheim...also with 16v16, if 5 of us are flying together, that makes 11vs16 and no doubt we will get taken out sooner or later.

The game still looks like a twitch playing style game. I watched a youtube video about Enduring Confrontation a week or two ago and the guy was just flying around using his mouse killing planes left and right...cmon, give me some reality. Oh ya, and some friken bomber cockpits! Who wants to fly around with just a HUD? I doubt they will ever get a World War running like we are thinking. With as much detail and as many different things that they are adding to each area, I'm sure they are learning how difficult a large scale combined arms game really is...

Pegasusbelgar wrote:Yep I think 1.35 will be make or break for WW2Online for 617DB, if they cant fix the multicrew bug then will they ever or least until they can fix the mess that DOC and crew left behind? I myself will at least come back and see how things are in 1.35 and willing to help anyone else crew up. This of course does not stop 617DB looking elsewhere like we did for War Thunder last year and Enduring Confrontation and eventually World War is looking to be a good alternative for some of us, or even DCS World.
I have confidence in the new CRS team, they have came a long ways from what they were left with. We tested an early build of 1.35 last week and it looked very promising for what it has to offer. All the lag issues were fixed and from what VICTARUS was saying, the code in that host looks way better than the current code thus making it easier for the programmers. VICTARUS said that the 300,000 lines of code that KFS1 removed way back when was the clean up of 1.35 hot code. Multicrewing is big on their list as they see it as a big drawing point to new players and they are thinking that it will help with steam immensely. After the test last week, they are pushing full steam ahead on getting 1.35 out the door so that it can fix the issues with 1.34... http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index ... -13th-2015
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

That doesnt sound like World War that we were hoping for. It actually doesnt sound like a good situation for a group of people flying together. If we all get ranked up to fly some heavy bombers like lancasters or B17s and one us gets shot down, then all of a sudden that one person is stuck flying a blenheim...also with 16v16, if 5 of us are flying together, that makes 11vs16 and no doubt we will get taken out sooner or later.

The game still looks like a twitch playing style game. I watched a youtube video about Enduring Confrontation a week or two ago and the guy was just flying around using his mouse killing planes left and right...cmon, give me some reality. Oh ya, and some friken bomber cockpits! Who wants to fly around with just a HUD? I doubt they will ever get a World War running like we are thinking. With as much detail and as many different things that they are adding to each area, I'm sure they are learning how difficult a large scale combined arms game really is...
I do agree with all your points snipples, and that it is currently very twitchy especially for fighters as even in realistic arena you still have the option to fly fighters with a mouse and even for bombers, they still feel slow and lumbering beasts that they are and I enjoy flying them with a joystick. My Russian and Japanese (EC weekend test) tech tree were not as populated as the US or British so over the weekend I could not experiment very much with only two bombers available for me to use. The bomber cockpits are still in on their dev cycle that says they are in progress. The other issue is the 16 vs 16 match up which does not help squads at all unless it is in testing phase and they increase it to 32 vs 32, the maps are much larger which is nice but overall the realistic enduring confrontation flies about the same as we did together last year so maybe the simulation arenas will be better suited when cockpits do finally arrive.

World War is going to be extremely hard to pull off I feel and like you said they are encountering major hurdles to try to get it all working together and the Navy has not been released yet. It is another reason why I keep a third eye on WW2Online and what XOOM and team are doing with 1.35 and beyond, if they feel the net code is already a vast improvement over 1.34 then hopefully I can get to fly again with you and others and Reddog can enjoy his multicrewing.
I remember in one of the of those dev talks we were on teamspeak for they agreed more love for bombers was needed, I think it was Gopher or Doc who agreed that looking into clone bombers like Warbirds and Aces High already have implemented would work wonders for larger formations, and for those times where it is difficult to get a couple of people together.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

This Stirling will be replacing the Lancaster in the early tiers.

https://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/851

Pegasus