World of Planes

Public Forum open to all visitors.
deffield

Re: World of Planes

Post by deffield »

Well you know where they can find people boring enough to test bombers for them :lol:
Deffield
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"
------
Axis response to 617 CAS
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Some RAF pics are up now. Beaufighter, Gladiator, Spitfire, Lancaster and others shown.

http://www.worldofplanesgame.com/en/media/screenshots/
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

Any interior shots of the Lanc?
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

wow niceeeee

have ya heard anything on the games progress?
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Still in Closed beta at the moment. So I wouldnt expect anything until the new year.

An approved closed beta fan made video of the Spitfire in World of Planes. Does it get Allibones approval i wonder.

Pegasus
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Chain Home Radar. Nice to see.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Gaijin Announces World of Planes CBT and a Holiday Sale
24 December 2011

Dear members of World of Planes community!

Those who have already become fans of our not-yet released project, and those who are simply eager to fly into virtual skies which we are developing for all of you day and night.

Full of bright ideas and actual accomplishments this year is coming to its end. And now when almost everyone is engaged in preparations for holidays we’d like to summarize work that’s has been done at World of Planes project.

12 weeks of Closed Alpha-test have passed. The period that is hard to underestimate and that has been so successful thanks to our Alpha-testers. Friends, you’ve become an essential part of World of Planes, and please, stay with us all the way in future. Thank you!!

We are currently working at some technical issues to optimize various aspects of the game and make sure it will run perfectly for everyone. This is a complicated and important process but it’s quite predictable. It means that today we can make an announcement: previously announced Closed Beta-test of World of Planes estimated to fit thousands of members will start at Q1 2012. We’ll review Beta-test applications and start sending invitations in January 2012.
Link from quote: http://gaijinent.com/en/news/47/current/

Something for Ben and other buff lovers.

More december pics here. http://www.worldofplanesgame.com/en/media/screenshots/

Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

9 min alpha video of World of Planes in the Pacific. Worth watching in fullscreen and 720P if your connection can handle it.

Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:9 min alpha video of World of Planes in the Pacific. Worth watching in fullscreen and 720P if your connection can handle it.

eh, sad to say but its looking more arcadey...the way the planes move just looks like they are on rails.

lub being able to see the pilot in the seat. but some of the reflections didnt look good at all, to shiny and smooth. the light smoke looked good, but the dark smoke still looked to dark along with the fire still looking wrong. on top of all that some of the shots that the planes were taking just looked way wrong, tracers were shooting off to the left wing top and some how the bullet holes were shooting up in the right wing?

eh its still in beta i guess...

ill watch the other one tomorrow
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

I have spoken to their community manager dev Zakzak who is looking for squadrons to help with close cooperation with the sim. This might mean squad beta invites later, we have to wait and see. I have told Zakzak that we are very experienced in the flightsim community and we all have participated in beta of one form or another and would like to help.

Sniper, yes i always felt the smoke and explosion are too strong but the devs doesnt seem they want to back down from this, maybe they think it makes it prettier I do not know.
As for the flight model I would if you havent already download and try the Wings of Prey demo, and fly on full realism, might be suprised, though World of Planes will be more advanced than what is currently available on Wings of Prey.
I remember flying Warbirds back in 1998-2001 and then trying Aces High beta, back then Aces High was one rollar coster on rails, but at around the same time WW2Online beta was very similar to Warbirds as half the team from Warbirds went on to developed cornered rats so I felt more comfortable there though I hated the icon system but lived with it.
I thought the pacific video especially later on with the corsairs and zeros looked very similar to some of the gun cam footage, I guess we have to wait and see. I think one major fundamental issue is when you fly one sim for so long and jump into something else brand new, then it is easy to think their flight model is inferior considered WW2O is over 10 years old now with a few tweaks.
Not sounding like a fanboy I am very excited about its release and keeping an openmind as to what the FM will be like, and the gunnery etc, I am just glad there is no more 1km fog wall, better graphics, HUGE planeset etc to look forward too.

As always will keep you all updated.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

B17G

Pegasus
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

Dunno sniper looks like pretty real flying to me i liked it graphics and all.
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

The old lady herself.

some cockpit pictures.

Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

the ground looks waaaay better in that last pic than in the first one

i also lub seeing the pilots legs and arms
Sniper62