World of Planes

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: World of Planes

Post by Sniper62 »

Reddog wrote:Snipet's TS Server seems to fall asleep and can't be woke up unless your there with it to Bitch Slap It.

Never Fear WT has there own Server at

ts.gaijin.net

Password is Spitfire, yes a Capital S.
fixed...it never fails, stay home and the server acts fine but as soon as you go out of town them boom its down.
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

heres the new american tree

Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Arawn wrote:Regarding the Lancaster, I've been taking her out in RB games for the last couple of days, which usually get's me playing the Hokkaido map more often than not. If you can get a fighter to provide some cover for you, you can secure the two northern capture points 2-3 strafes, get a landing reload or two done and take out a base or two on your own. She's pretty thin on armor, guns aren't the greatest, but for pillbox/tank runs, she's pretty good, especially if you're loaded with the 14 x 500 lb bomb load.

There aren't many Lancaster pilots in RB games, so you'll have a pick of the targets in any games.
I fully understand why some of us went straight for the American tree but I really hope that we all get the Lancaster too. It really would be fun to have a squad day where we fly those effers.

Of course that won't be easy. The Brit tree is a real mofo unless you have some fighter skills (of which I have little!)

OMG the survivability difference between tier 2 and 3 is immense. Seems like everybody has cannons in tier 3 and bombers get one shotted 30 seconds after spawning in sometimes. I'm still around a week away from getting the tier 4 wellington so my lancaster is at least a month away.

Kizmet you are behind the power curve!
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

I am really happy to see the HE177 Griffin and FW200 Condor making the list, I dont think I have seen a 177 in any flightsim, with the HE177 out they have the foundation to make the HE277 in the future if they so want. Really looking forward to flying those and of course the Stirling, Halifax and B29.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Sniper62 wrote:
Reddog wrote:Snipet's TS Server seems to fall asleep and can't be woke up unless your there with it to Bitch Slap It.

Never Fear WT has there own Server at

ts.gaijin.net

Password is Spitfire, yes a Capital S.
fixed...it never fails, stay home and the server acts fine but as soon as you go out of town them boom its down.
It's Passed Out Again.

:toke: :toke: :toke: :toke:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Reddog wrote: It's Passed Out Again.

:toke: :toke: :toke: :toke:
hmmm, fixed
Sniper62

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

I was thinking today, once they add in all those other planes on those tree lists, they will just add to what you need to get in order to get the big bombers...so best to get them now with less planes to go through while you can.
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Sniper62 wrote:I was thinking today, once they add in all those other planes on those tree lists, they will just add to what you need to get in order to get the big bombers...so best to get them now with less planes to go through while you can.
Yes makes perfect sense.
Pegasus
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

do the missions ever get any harder?

if a lancaster can take out two bases without a reload, imagine what a b57 can do?
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Charlie3 wrote:do the missions ever get any harder?

if a lancaster can take out two bases without a reload, imagine what a b57 can do?
Idk about the B57 but in the mission editor you can select a B29 and its loadouts are:
12x1000lbs
40x500lbs
8x2000lbs

Thats a freaking bomb load! right now a B17G can carry 8x1000s and that will destroy 2 2/3 bases, a few of those B29s would end a map pretty quickly...
Sniper62

Arawn

Post by Arawn »

It's more the case of going up against high tier props with cannons or low tier jets. You'll usually reach your first target without problems, unless you're playing in Berlin (410s). Then it's a case of luck whether someone has you as a target.

I'm on this Friday & Saturday (UK Evenings) in-case some would like to group up.
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Arawn wrote:
It's more the case of going up against high tier props with cannons or low tier jets. You'll usually reach your first target without problems, unless you're playing in Berlin (410s). Then it's a case of luck whether someone has you as a target.

I'm on this Friday & Saturday (UK Evenings) in-case some would like to group up.
lol yes i have learned that lesson already... doing mostly tier 4 brit missions these days and pretty much everything has cannons

should have my lancaster by tonight!!!
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Any plans for any of us to fly this weekend? Doesn't have to be the US tree if those would like to research other countries before the new bombers enter the game.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

i've got family in town this weekend, maybe saturday morning but that will be it.
Sniper62

Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:Any plans for any of us to fly this weekend? Doesn't have to be the US tree if those would like to research other countries before the new bombers enter the game.
I will try to get on earlier on Sat and Sun. Here lately your probably off dreamin bout sheep when I log on.
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!