World of Planes

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Pegasusbelgar

Re: World of Planes

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

We seem to have some new recruits of player names I do not recognise in the squad, not sure if they are from the other 617 squad and transferred over, but a few got some realistic battles under their belt.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Pegasusbelgar wrote:B24D is researched (I cheated a little with my Alpha eagles), just need the cash to buy it now!
big bawler! must be nice to be rich in golden eagles :toke:

Pegasusbelgar wrote:We seem to have some new recruits of player names I do not recognise in the squad, not sure if they are from the other 617 squad and transferred over, but a few got some realistic battles under their belt.
last weekend I saw those two guys in the squad que since feb. not sure who they are either
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Some missions with Sniper and Charlie, one thing i forgot is if you Press F12 it takes a screenshot without any UI which is nice.

In formation with Charlie.

Charlie beating the flak on a strafing run.

Charlie and Sniper lining up on target.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Any of you flyboys flying today?
Pegasus
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

sent my son off to band camp and when i got home i decided to play a war thunder marathon

after three days of solid grinding, i feel like a zombie but flew my first b17 mission last night :toke:

the b25 is like a spitfire to that thing. i tried a boom n zoom dive to the airfield and then i realized slowing that beast down from 500 IAS was going to take some time... ended up having to circle the field and got vulched

i thought the missions would change a bit given that i now have access to 6000 of bombs but they didn't. seems a bit overkill being able to take out two regular bases with one plane... omg the crew gunners are effing awesome on it tho. i flew in formation with some stranger and we killed two EA just by staying close
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

holly crap charlie! from being brand new to flying a b17 in a little over the weekend is a lot of game time lol

but ya the game is repetitive, same stuff over and over. try to change things up by going after just ground targets or getting in a fighter and trying to shoot down ea.

Just gota keep working on maxing out the bomber tree then off to the next one. I just got the P51 sunday night and am working to get that B24 now.
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

lol we were just talking about building a big bomber mission...here it is http://warthunder.com/en/news/649-CDK-U ... contest-en

im guna check it out
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Nice one Charlie.
Pegasus
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Dang, everybody is Rank 4 now???? WTF.
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Reddog wrote:Dang, everybody is Rank 4 now???? WTF.
I am not planning on going any higher than that for a bit. The repair costs for the B17 are insane. I will probably only fly that thing from now on when with one of yall.

I was reading the forums today and it appears the best strategy for FTP folk is turning off auto repair... if you want an instant repair to get right back up in the air, it costs a ton but if you uncheck auto repair and let your mechanics will work on fixing a plane over time, it saves a bunch of "lions"

right now I am working on the british tree... I really, really like flying the Blenheim lol. in wwiiol the blen is really slow but in war thunder it's a tier one plane and is pretty fast! I use it somewhat like a havoc and boom and zoom through the mountain areas. I had one mission in it yesterday where I killed 17 tanks

they also have a bi-plane mounted with 4x 250lb bombs.. that thing is insane fun too... swordfish plane? it's fun because the yellow bomb here indicator is dang near useless because the plane is so slow... you literally have to bomb stuff by dropping right on top of the tank... as soon as you drop you immediately have to lift hard or the bomb kills you. it's like bombing tanks with a mosquito
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

World War is still on their future road map, wish we knew when! And of course Bomber cockpits.

http://warthunder.com/en/game/roadmap
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

More british bombers are coming soon.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?s ... try2865412

Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

saw that too. to bad they didnt give any kinda timelines for when the roadmap stuff or new bombers will be done...
Sniper62

Arawn

Post by Arawn »

Regarding the Lancaster, I've been taking her out in RB games for the last couple of days, which usually get's me playing the Hokkaido map more often than not. If you can get a fighter to provide some cover for you, you can secure the two northern capture points 2-3 strafes, get a landing reload or two done and take out a base or two on your own. She's pretty thin on armor, guns aren't the greatest, but for pillbox/tank runs, she's pretty good, especially if you're loaded with the 14 x 500 lb bomb load.

There aren't many Lancaster pilots in RB games, so you'll have a pick of the targets in any games.
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Snipet's TS Server seems to fall asleep and can't be woke up unless your there with it to Bitch Slap It.

Never Fear WT has there own Server at

ts.gaijin.net

Password is Spitfire, yes a Capital S.
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!