Charlie3

Re: World of Planes

Post by Charlie3 »

i'll have jets before kiz gets his arse in game
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

charlie, have you got your lancaster yet? I've not played in a few weeks due to some modifications to my computer set up...

what about red and peg?
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

No Lancaster yet not played for a few weeks myself thinking with the summer everyone will be on holidays. I think Arawn has almost completed the British tree he was after the last meteor last time I spoke to him.
Would like to get the squad back to regular meet ups on weekends as it was fun when we had airborg with us.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Yes, fall is closing in. Been keeping patches up to date for when I have time Soon...

S!
:iconjuke: :iconjuke: :iconjuke: :iconjuke:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Arawn

Post by Arawn »

I had a couple of games with Charlie some time ago, and he was flying a Lancaster.
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

I should have some time once a week in about a week or two. Been a long couple of months for me. County contracted out the IT work effective July 1 so I'm out of work. Have some funds coming in through unemployment but required to look for work. That's been costing me a lot of time. That and working on the house.

I'm looking forward to playing with ya'll. Just texted charlie to see what's he's up to but haven't heard back from him. I guess I'll have to spend my time learning what needs to be done to gain rank, etc in the game. Sounds like it costs a hell of a lot of game time. Anyway, just wanted to shout out to ya'll. I'm still here. Miss flying with you all. Loads of fun always.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Kizmet wrote:I should have some time once a week in about a week or two. Been a long couple of months for me. County contracted out the IT work effective July 1 so I'm out of work. Have some funds coming in through unemployment but required to look for work. That's been costing me a lot of time. That and working on the house.

I'm looking forward to playing with ya'll. Just texted charlie to see what's he's up to but haven't heard back from him. I guess I'll have to spend my time learning what needs to be done to gain rank, etc in the game. Sounds like it costs a hell of a lot of game time. Anyway, just wanted to shout out to ya'll. I'm still here. Miss flying with you all. Loads of fun always.

They always looking for a cheaper alternative.

That sucks.

1099 time for joo, contract worker.

S!

:iconjuke: :iconjuke:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Kizmet wrote:I should have some time once a week in about a week or two. Been a long couple of months for me. County contracted out the IT work effective July 1 so I'm out of work. Have some funds coming in through unemployment but required to look for work. That's been costing me a lot of time. That and working on the house.

strange. I did not get your text until like 2pm. my phone sucks ass

yea I have the Lancaster and the liberator with full crews on each... rather than going for jets I decided to work on soviet gear for a bit. those bombers may not have the bomb load or the crazy amount of gunners but their machine guns are like lazors. often in tier one arcade mode, the fighters won't even go near me from fear of those deadly guns. I think they are the only heavy bombers where the tailgunners get cannons in tier 4

so if we ever end up grouping up again for squad days and you see my commie ass in a soviet bomber, that's why lol
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

I am going to do a few missions in simulation battles. Although a warning on the WT forums that there is a hatred for heavy bombers in sim battle at the moment but mostly for players who use their bombers as low level death stars and not flying them properly like we do. Really want to move away from the arcadeness of the game. Will flip between realistic battles and Simulation battles.

Just to double check, when you guys are going to into battles or if groups in a squadron do you have "Any Servers" selected, this reduces the waiting time dramatically.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

One small step towards World War Mode

Jump in progress missions lasting several hours. Hope this allows for larger squad numbers to join in.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/ ... -progress/

First maps are 64kms x 64kms, next maps will be 128kmx128km.

I think I just might start spending a lot more time in War Thunder.
Pegasus
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

Very Nice, this is a good start.

Got my 17G, she's jus Awesome...

:iconpidu :iconpidu :iconpidu :iconpidu :iconpidu :iconpidu

:toke: :toke: :toke: :toke: :toke: :toke: :toke: :toke:

S!
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

New Norway map which is 128km x 128km (how big is the standard maps in game now?)

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/ ... nt-norway/

Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

wow! that is a promising sign...now when they guna gime bomb cockpits?!
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Sniper62 wrote:wow! that is a promising sign...now when they guna gime bomb cockpits?!
When you stop humping Kiz's sheeps and he gets in game and starts flying his bombers!

So the JIP missions will last between 2 to 4 hours, sadly though and I am not sure why because the maps are much much larger we are still restricted to 16 players per side. A step in the right direction though. This is designed for the RB and SB crowd so taking a guess out of that page World War will be designed for those two play styles as well.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Any of you planning to do any flying this weekend at usual time?

My Bombers:
USA All bombers (B17G is max to expert)
Germany up to HE111H6
UK up to Wellington MK3
Russia up to IL4
Japan uptp KI49
Pegasus