Sniper62
Site Admin

10 years...

Post by Sniper62 »

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index ... -us-forces

what yall think?

here were my thoughts
hmmm

as all this is great news for the game, i am but saddened to see it going this way...caving to the kiddies with their "i want action NOW! bang bang, die, repspawn" type of playing. im going to be interested if this is going to pull people away from normal campaign play to go and do this kind of playing.

it now seems that the small team of RATs is going to be split in creating/updating things on two different games now. even tho some things will be able to be used on both.

- bounding boxes to restrict play to a defined area
does this mean that it can only be done in these RA events and not in the normal campaign map?

no word on medium bombers or a more updated Strategic System in game, or even tiered bombers to keep up with the tiered fighters or updated cockpits.

:(
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Apauc

Re: 10 years...

Post by Apauc »

I wasn't suprised on the no bombers but, imho, this looks to be a good step IF it works as I hope it will.

I can see this adding to our playerbase. Sure it might pull some away at first, but honestly, anything "new" does. Its shiny and people move to what is flashy and new. Though, as with everything, the new wears off. It becomes a condensed campaign battle just with Americans instead of Brits and French. After 2-3 months of it being out, the game will equalized the status quo.

It will of course bring in the twitch shoebox gamer, but if these "unlocks" are as I assume, they will be paying for your new bombers.

Amongst these twitch shooters are the true golden players that this game thrives on, but are driven away by the learning curve. I can see this as a great "tutorial" if you will. They get a taste of the game without the frustration of spending 5 minutes running to town to be killed by someone you didn't see.

For myself, I don't personally see me using this very often. I am a flyboy at heart and none of the RA's so far appear to have flight in mind. I will play them on occasion. Everyone needs to just go and kill shit and not worry about ruining it for everyone else. It's great for a time when you have little time to actually play the campaign correctly.

I can also see it as a great way to test how a new weapon or vehicle will perform in the campaign. Put in a new tank to see how it would compare in the campaign or once they add flight RA's a new bomber or fighter.

Now I don't expect to see Amercan's any time soon in the campaign. With the game near its memory limit, just adding the new infantry weapons could put it at its limit not to mention the reskinned tanks and planes plus the new models that are required to flesh out the American's.

TL;DR I like this, this will help the game. While one will see a reduction in population at first. I don't expect to see Americans any time soon but in a year or two, yes.
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

Well at least the inf is getting the m1a1 and browning mg so thats a step forward.
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

When do we get this patch?
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
Apauc

Post by Apauc »

hiiamben wrote:When do we get this patch?
Soon(TM)
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

RAT Chat going on right now...

66.28.224.196:8769

EDIT: its done...some interesting stuff
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
bersi

Post by bersi »

Sniper62 wrote:

like all rat chats before huh
"das Fluchen macht den Kopf nur heiß.Bist Du am Feind - sei kalt wie Eis."
"Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert,Das macht uns glücklich,stolz und froh,Der Jägerei ein H o r r i d o!"
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

bersi wrote:
Sniper62 wrote:

ya...but this rat chat they went into detail about why they went the RA route... ull have to listen to it, all i know is from the sounds of it we arent guna be getting any new bombers for years, if at all

ps. good to see ur still kicken!
Sniper62

bersi

Post by bersi »

Sniper62 wrote:
bersi wrote:
Sniper62 wrote:

ya...but this rat chat they went into detail about why they went the RA route... ull have to listen to it, all i know is from the sounds of it we arent guna be getting any new bombers for years, if at all

i dont think that there will be any new things coming in the next "years"
grafic things ya but not new models, or they have to delete old models for new things.
and they dont have any guys that can make new models as far as i heard.
so the game will be like it is for the next yearsssssss.

im not playing wwiiol atm , taking a break.too much work atm and no time to play and there is no fun for me to play atm.
WoT is where iam and im working on a new pc so i can play Cliffs of Dover :mrgreen: .
"das Fluchen macht den Kopf nur heiß.Bist Du am Feind - sei kalt wie Eis."
"Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert,Das macht uns glücklich,stolz und froh,Der Jägerei ein H o r r i d o!"
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Sniper62 wrote:
bersi wrote:
Sniper62 wrote:

Extremely disappointing.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"