World of tanks

Public Forum open to all visitors.
chronicg

World of tanks

Post by chronicg »

Anyone playing it now that's it's released? I've been on there quite a bit, no time for wwiiol, that and every time I resub I spend less time ingame because of dwindling playerbase and whatnot.

Anyways it's pretty good for an arcadey tank game, worked my way upto a tiger, jagd panther, IS, Hummel, and just short of a panther. I kinda don't like that they have all those prototype AFVs, kinda needed tho for game balance. My name over there is Bullwinklle, add me on friends list, be nice to play with some ppl I know :P
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: World of tanks

Post by Sniper62 »

eh, played it before i left for Iraq but havent played it since...

when i did it was a nice get away. but other then that it got boring fast with ppl using their "big" tanks and just wiping a map out
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
chronicg

Post by chronicg »

Lol, yea the match making is brutal, 4-5 tier spread is crazy. Sometimes I'm at the top of th list in my T7 jagdpanther and I can 1 shot half the other team (10.5cm cannon'o'doom) or I end up on the othe end and can't do shit. Still fun tho, even I get steamrolled lol. One of the ways around the getting rolled till you get a bigger tank is buy one of the premium ones, t8 heavy tank, I didnt get one, took longer to grind up to a good tank, I know bersi has the preorder one.

My kid plays it so it's something to do with him after school when he can't get out to play with his friends.
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Played it since closed beta last August, got up to IS3 and SU14 on the russian tree before I took a break before Christmas, then came back about a month before it was released. They certainly tweaked the non-premium grind which makes it totally uninteresting and boring and eventually got to M41 (Long barrel) then played less and less until i stopped.

Main4ce and I use to group up alot last year before platoons were in and that was fun. Main still plays it as far as I know, but everytime i sent a chat to him it just gets unanswered, so gave up.

I play iRacing now, a real time racing simulation where you need wheels and pedals to get the most out of it, until we can get some bigger bombers in ww2online or we move somewhere else.

Still waiting for SW:TOR.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"