Link to PS topic...

Public Forum open to all visitors.
buckmaw

Link to PS topic...

Post by buckmaw »

Duke2

Black out

Post by Duke2 »

I have no sad claim to fame, but I am a bystander. I was born in the year of 1938. I was about five years old. We didn't have sirens like they do now for weather. ------
On a still bright Moonlight night in the summertime, a police car went speeding down the road with it's siren whaling. We all new to turn out our lights. After lights out, my Mother and I went out side and looked north. Their was a Big bright silver Airplane, lazley flying. Mother said that must be the Germans. Well I tell you I really became scared, after hearing so maney War stories. Every time the Plane would dip it's wing it would shine like the sun bouncing off of a mirror. We just stared and watched and were mesmerized. Later I found out it was an Airforce plane. Back then they didn't paint those kind. He was flying around to report those that didn't turn out their lights. The Authorities would then go and make them do so.
I also remember everyone guathered around the radio listening to the news of the War. We didn't have TV. then. - When the Germans were destroying our shipping on the East Coast, some said on a still night you could hear the explosions. ?? I don't know if that was true thought, but you do get all kind of Visions in a young man's head. When the Japinese bombed Perilharbor, my Uncles said the were going to Volunteer. And they did. I lost a Uncle to a Japinese sniper. --- Peace was declared and this sniper had my Uncle pinned down. He ran to pollvault over this rock wall and the japinese soldier shot, and the bullet richochead and killed my Uncle. They all were or became tough during that War. ( True story ) Thank the good Lord our Country will not stand for so called would be World Rulers, and Bulleys Like Hitler. This is a Virtual World and a Game. But the Idea is still their.

Have a Happy

Duke2

P.S. - That's why I never play German to this very day. :) ( Irish Rovers and the Unicorn )
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"

The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Where's my Big Bomber.
Duke2

Old

Post by Duke2 »

Some would call me Old. But in this Virtual World I can run as fast, shoot as stright, and Piss as far as U. he he :) Hear for the Long Haul.

Have a Happy

Duke2
Pilot Recruiter

Where's my Big Bomber.
Duke2

Re: Link to PS topic...

Post by Duke2 »

By the way Buck, great post. I read and reread a few times. -- I read a Book by Chuck Yeager. I think if I remember it tells how Yeager was always in the front of the squad. He had 20/10 Vision and could see the Hun before they saw our Guys. He would then set up a supprise attack on said Axis group. I was stationed at Virginia Beach and got to see Yeager land on the runway. Virginia Beach Virginia is the Largest Naval Airbase on the East Coast if you didn't know. Yeager set the F-86 down on the very beginning of the runway. I guess thats the way they teach in the airforce. ( He had plenty of room though ) :)

Have a Happy

Duke2
Pilot Recruiter

Where's my Big Bomber.
FuelPump

Re: Link to PS topic...

Post by FuelPump »

Good one Buck! I'm still a fan of Pink Floyd after all these years... The one band where I can have the CD's sitting on the shelf most of the year, but every now and again they get a playing, and take me back to when I first heard them. I'm a big fan of "The Final Cut", and think it was possibly their best album (even though most wouldn't agree).
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron