Bundys new home is bloody dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

barely8 wrote: Watch out for those post-cyclone dangers (crocs, snakes, etc.) as I bet they are in a bad mood!

Or worse still in you swimming pool!
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Bundyrum

Post by Bundyrum »

Next one looks like it may be heading my way this time.Expected here thurs/friday ............Never had this drama out west :)
trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

What is your home elevation....you really need to leave...I stayed through a cat 4 at my house sustained winds of 190 (katrina) storm surge of 23Ft. lots of factors in this. I would leave just to be sure tho. you WILL be without power for weeks if you have above ground lines and trees.
<S>!

Firefighter/Military Police
Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Bundy,

I went through Hurricane Francis in Raleigh NC when I was stationed there with the postal service. Catagory 3 winds 150 miles inland. Not normal at all. They eye passed directly over us. Nothing went down in the rain and high wind until after the eye passed us. The instant the winds reversed directions, all hell broke loose. We were without power for three weeks.

Now mind you, I had friends there from Atlanta who asked me what to do to prepare for the storn. I told Jeannie to head to the store and stock up on groceries. To which she stated when we returned to work three weeks later, Damn John, I bought all this frozen food to get us by the storm and the damn power went out. Everything spoilled.

Just be sure to tell your friends to stock up on everything......accept frozen foods....roflmao! :D
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

You know the coastal living is nice and all, but just damn give me the goold ole tornadoes to dodge LOL. I have lived in okla. all of my life ,except when i was in the service, and i tell you i will take my chances of not being hit by a tornado moree than i would of BEING hit by one of those monster's!! I feel for ya bundy hope you come out ok bud!
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
Bundyrum

Post by Bundyrum »

Update
The bugger is building in size but slowing down[good and bad].They really dont know what it will do next i think, they are saying it will sit and intensify off the coast for the rest of the week about 400 kms out.
We are all watching it every few hours now.
http://www.bom.gov.au/gms/IDE00005.latest.shtml
Bundyrum

Post by Bundyrum »

All safe now- The beast stopped and turned south ,now heading down the coastline but not expected to cross it.
If any of you guys see a cyclone larry appeal , please donate to it. Many many good people here are now in hard times because of 2 hours of pure hell.
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

Cheap plug but if you want to help, this is how:

http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/national/

Click on the red donate now button up top and this money would stay in Australia.
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

I've seen some of the footage... Some devastation for sure.
Won't be too many bananas coming out of there for a while!
Yep, the Salvos and the Red Cross are pretty much the only people I'll donate to, you know they'll do a good job.
Done.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Selest

Post by Selest »

Hehe

So that's why your new house was so cheap! ;)

Seriously tho, glad to hear the storm has passed you by!

Selest :D